Pronunciation?

I knew about it from Social class, when we learned of the battle of Ypres in BELGIUM (Thanks Lionfrost)

"Of the battles, the largest, best-known, and most costly in human suffering was the Third Battle of Ypres (21 July to 6 November 1917, also known as the Battle of Passchendaele) in which the British, Canadians and ANZAC forces recaptured the Passchendaele ridge east of the city at a terrible cost of lives. After months of fighting, this battle resulted in nearly half a million casualties to all sides, and only several miles of ground won by Allied forces. The town was all but obliterated by the artillery fire."

It also has Canadian significance. It was one of the largest and most important gains in the war. I assumed they were referring to the woods near there until Dave mentioned that it was the name of a park he knew of as a child.

Dear Mr. Gold & Company,

Enclosed is a rough draft of the artwork for Woods 4. This is a totally original idea and I think would be really great for the next album. Image attached below:

woods-pronounced.jpg

Signed,

Your friendly neighbourhood Mike Sickle

P.S. If Lynyrd Skynyrd's lawyers call, you never heard of me!!

Does anybody else think I have WAY too much time on my hands? :headbang:

Fixed. Sorry. I was merely trying to point out where I had heard the word originally.

Haha, no problem, man. I remember a US citizen once replying, when asked whether he knew where Belgium was: "Yeah erm... isn't that somewhere near Brussels?"
We are petite, so don't worry about it. I just felt it my duty to point it out, that's all.