protest the hero - fortress

When did you see them play live Sloan?
First time I saw them was back in their A Calculated Use of Sound days, when noone knew who the hell they were, and there was alot of running around etc. Which still makes for a fun show, but the quality of music does degenerate a bit.
I've seen them play 4 times in the past five years(soon to be 6 times after this coming weekend). They've progressively started putting alot more attention on their playing during live performances, which has upped the caliber of musicianship.
I'm looking forward to seeing them again twice this weekend. They've lost their early punk influences, and have become a hell of alot more technical/progressive metal. Hard to imagine how amazing their next album is going to be.

When did you see them play live Sloan?
First time I saw them was back in their A Calculated Use of Sound days, when noone knew who the hell they were, and there was alot of running around etc. Which still makes for a fun show, but the quality of music does degenerate a bit.
I've seen them play 4 times in the past five years(soon to be 6 times after this coming weekend). They've progressively started putting alot more attention on their playing during live performances, which has upped the caliber of musicianship.
I'm looking forward to seeing them again twice this weekend. They've lost their early punk influences, and have become a hell of alot more technical/progressive metal. Hard to imagine how amazing their next album is going to be.

I think it was 2006 at the Masquerade in Atlanta.
I had never heard of them before, but it just sounded like someone changing the track on a cd every few seconds. I usually tend to stay away from things that are described as "progressive", maybe I'm a cranky old-timer at heart? haha.

The cool thing about this album is that the singer doesnt emo-whine sing like allot of bands do in clean parts.

This guy can really fucking sing.
The chorusses on this album sound allot like Muse.
And me as a big, big fucking muse fan love this shit as hell.

It's like Muse + Sikth.

GOOD ALBUM!!!

protest the hero is definitely one of my favourite bands .. they sure do represent us toronto folk well!!

and yeah this album makes kezia look like a joke .. kezia was a great album and everything but FUCK have they ever progressed!

"Julius and Nick both use Nuendo" but isnt metalworks all protools hd? or can u use nuendo with the protools gear?

Great fucking cd. Absolutely love it. Cool that they're into Sikth... I didn't know that. I know they worship Between The Buried and Me.

Nick Blagona's always been a favourite of mine...I love the rock stuff he's worked on over the years (Tea Party, Alexisonfire, etc). He does that "huge rock" thing well without it sounding overblown.

I can live without his Bee Gees work though (he did Saturday Night Fever!)