Protest the hero in studio!

Yeah, it took a while before I could get into the vocals with SikTh.
But anyway, more on topic.
PTH just plain rules. Super fucking tight musicians, yet they manage to write catchy as fuck songs.
I swear, it wasn't until about the 100th time I heard Fortress that I realized how technical it was, simply because the incredible catchy-ness of it and the song writing is just so damn good.
They're in a rare field of tech bands that actually write good shit, so definitely looking forward to new material coming out.

My absolute favourite band, I actually annoyed all my friends to death listening to Kezia in the car. I no joke listened to it on repeat for about three months. Could not get enough of it. Fortress I loved as well but not quite as much as Kezia haha. I can't wait to hear this. Hopefully Juice steps it up mix wise though. Fortress sounds a little bleugh to me.

That Jukasa place looks really great, surprised I've never heard of it.
Fortress had a couple good tracks but mostly blah... Kezia was awesome but I agree about stepping up the mix.
And hopefully there are real lyrics this time... so sick of bands doing the stupid myth/story lyrics. such a cop-out.

The concepts that Arif writes about in Protest The Hero are very interesting and far more worthy of being written about than 90% of the dross that passes for metal lyrical prowess these days.

The concepts that Arif writes about in Protest The Hero are very interesting and far more worthy of being written about than 90% of the dross that passes for metal lyrical prowess these days.
Amen to that. I love both albums concepts, although fortress' is somewhat loose. Kezia's lyrics are actually fairly interesting which is more than can be said about 90% of metal bands

I really, really dislike the band musically, for the record, but I still feel the compulsion to stick up for their lyrics.

I think they just need to chill out with the power metal influence a little bit. I enjoyed Kezia's almost Math-Punk approach, where it was all mostly quite quick, but still technical with the odd huge riff and epic catchy chorus thrown in. Fortress to me feels like a whole bunch of random ideas thrown together. Some of the transitions are truely horrible, but I guess I'm such a fan boy I gloss over the imperfections however, I still love listening to the record. Rody improved a lot vocally in between the albums as well, which is another reason why I enjoy fortress even though its a bit of a mish-mash, some of his ideas are really cool!

Thanks for the heads up, I know that Kezia is a long time following buddy, even now...

But that singer reminds me so much at the RX Bandits singer sometimes.

I think they just need to chill out with the power metal influence a little bit. I enjoyed Kezia's almost Math-Punk approach, where it was all mostly quite quick, but still technical with the odd huge riff and epic catchy chorus thrown in. Fortress to me feels like a whole bunch of random ideas thrown together. Some of the transitions are truely horrible, but I guess I'm such a fan boy I gloss over the imperfections however, I still love listening to the record. Rody improved a lot vocally in between the albums as well, which is another reason why I enjoy fortress even though its a bit of a mish-mash, some of his ideas are really cool!

its strange cause i remember in an interview they did, they said that kezia was written by each individual part. almost like they were gluing parts together. They said the new album was more song focused..... but i feel like the opposite. kezia just works so well. i could never get into fortress.

I'm different that way, I love Fortress, but don't really like Kezia that much. Kezia is just musically weaker IMO.

I feel Protest the Hero is one of those few bands that actually make "weak" transitions work! The music sounds like it's exactly how it's supposed to be, doesn't sound like it would be "wrong" in any way

I love this band. I think Fortress is better than Kezia in pretty much every way. Can't wait to hear what the new stuff is like...

I'd really like to hear them with a better sounding mix though... It would be nice to hear a more modern, tight, clean mix to go along with the great playing.

EDIT: They do sound like Sikth at times, by the way. They are all fans of Sikth, and I'm pretty sure Luke has worn a Sikth shirt in some video. I think the influence is pretty easy to hear, particularly in the tapping riffs and certain melodies, but they definitely have their own sound overall...