"protools pref and database helper", doubt about what has to be deleted

FrenchFrog

Feb 15, 2011
Froggy France!
hi sneapers

i work on a mac (os 10.8.5) and protools 10.3.9 with a digi003. i want to clean my system. i downloaded the protools pref & database helper software and i'm not 100% sure of what i have to check. I didnot find precise answers regarding my gear. for me "digisetup.OSX", "dae prefs folder", "protools preferences", "com.digidesign.protools.plist", "digidesing database folders", "volumes folder" have to be moved to the thrash, is that right?
although i'm not sure about the "com.apple.audiomidisetup.plist", "by host: com.apple.midi.xxx.plist" and "com.digidesign.coreaudiomanager.plist".

I would leave the ones you're not sure about. I usually trash the ones you listed if I have issues.

Generally speaking it's completely safe to delete the plist files as well, although probably unnecessary. Only time I ever include those ones is when I have a serious PT meltdown which happens maybe once every 2-3 years.

Generally speaking it's completely safe to delete the plist files as well, although probably unnecessary. Only time I ever include those ones is when I have a serious PT meltdown which happens maybe once every 2-3 years.

thank you! so if it does not have major consequences in term of parameters or something and may "fix" some things, i'lltrash them all.