PROTOTYPE TO BEGIN RECORDING NEW ALBUM NEXT WEEK

Darkmatter

Vox/Gtr
PROTOTYPE will begin recording their new, as yet untitled, album next week in Los Angeles with Neil Kernon. The follow-up to the critically acclaimed “Continuum” will be the band’s third album and also marks the return of drummer Pat Magrath. Magrath will be laying down his drum tracks for the album with Neil Kernon at the helm, after which PROTOTYPE will return to their own Utopia Studios to complete tracking. Kernon is also scheduled to mix the album early next year. Songs set to appear on the album include “Catalyst”, “The Chosen Ones”, “Cynic Dreams”, “The Ageless Heart Of Memory”, “Into Oblivion” and “My Own Deception”. The album is scheduled for release in 2010 via Nightmare Records.

The current PROTOTYPE lineup is:

Vince Levalois – Guitar/Vocals
Kragen Lum – Guitar
Kirk Scherer – Bass
Pat Magrath – Drums

For updates on the band and the recording of the new album, visit the official PROTOTYPE website: www.prototypeonline.com.

Nice, I can't wait to hear some new material. But are there seriously only 6 songs? Or are there others you haven't announced yet?

There's almost definitely more songs. If not, I hope those ones are pretty damn long. XP

Can't wait to hear more about this or a release date. Bound to awesome like the last two. :D

There are 9 songs on the album (one of which is over 10 minutes long!) plus some interludes. We don't have titles for 3 of them yet which is why you've only seen 6 song names. :) Don't worry, though, the album will be about an hour of progressive thrash!:kickass:

there will be a special edition for the album, bonus tracks or something?

This album will kick so many asses the demos are great, my favorite one till now is chosen ones, the clean guitar intro is so nice, the vocals are great including guturals, bass and drums tempos but the soloing is the best of all! What a piece of art! really

I don't think that there's a special edition planned for the album at this point but we're going to try and get as much video footage as possible of the recording process. We also have the 4 demo tracks that we could use as bonus tracks. To be honest though, I don't think it would fit on the same disc with the album! We'll talk to the label and see what they think about a special edition. If we end up doing one, you'll hear about it first! :kickass: