PROTOTYPE ANNOUNCES NEW ALBUM TITLE AND TRACK LISTING

Mar 24, 2003
www.prototypeonline.com
PROTOTYPE ANNOUNCES NEW ALBUM TITLE AND TRACK LISTING

Los Angeles based progressive/aggressive metal band PROTOTYPE will release their 3rd full length album “CATALYST” in early 2012 via Nightmare Records. Nearly 2 years in the making, “CATALYST” is a science fiction themed concept album featuring 12 tracks and over 60 minutes of all new music. The effort was produced by PROTOTYPE and is currently being mixed by Neil Kernon. “CATALYST” will be mastered by Alan Douches and artwork will once again be created by Travis Smith. The official release date for the album will be announced soon.

PROTOTYPE’s last album “CONTINUUM” was released in 2006 and featured the song “The Way It Ends”, which appeared in the best-selling music video game of all time Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock.

PROTOTYPE “CATALYST” TRACK LISTING:

1. INCEPTUM
2. CATALYST
3. CYNIC DREAMS
4. THE CHOSEN ONES
5. ILLUMINATUM
6. MY OWN DECEPTION
7. INTO OBLIVION
8. IMPETUS
9. GRAVITY WELL
10. THE AGELESS HEART OF MEMORY
11. EXILED
12. COMMUNION

PROTOTYPE IS:

VINCE LEVALOIS – VOCALS/GUITAR
KRAGEN LUM – GUITAR
KIRK SCHERER – BASS
PAT MAGRATH – DRUMS

SWEET! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Sounds uber awesome! Somehow I knew Ageless Heart was going to be towards the end of the album, if only because of the cool ending it had.

Can't wait till Jan/Feb now!

Thanks dude! We still need to get the artwork and CD layout done so it probably won't be January or February but we will get it out as soon as we can. In the meantime you can count on us streaming a track from the album so everyone can check it out as soon as the mix is finished. :)

So, guys, how's the album coming?

Is it safe to assume it's just about ready for release? I hope you can release a sample song soon, since the anticipation has been killing me since you announced the title and track-listing back in November.

You're right on the money. :) The album is mixed and mastered and we're just waiting for Travis Smith to finish up the artwork. We hope to have a sample song out soon along with the cover art very soon. :headbang:

Cheers!

So AVG just gave me a virus pop-up when trying to access the Prototype website. The virus/category name AVG gave was "Blackhole Exploit Kit (type 2130)."

Anyway, looking forward to the album! =)

Thanks for the warning... I've scanned the site with several online tools and they all respond clean. However you're right, Google Chrome warns of "1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including dreamon.de.gg/"

Without being able to have a scanner tell us which files are the culprit, not much we can do. I'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks again for the heads up.

So, just checking in to see what's going on in the world of Prototype. I was just kinda wondering how things are coming with the new album and if the release is approaching, since it's been a couple of months since I last asked. Also, are we going to have a sample song soon?

PS. Kragen, I've been putting the 7-string I bought from you to good use since. Thanks a million again. :)

Sorry for the delay in responding...

Catalyst is done. The music has been finished since January and the artwork was finished last month. Everything has been handed off to Nightmare Records and we are waiting for a release date. We were hoping that it would be out before the Summer but we took too long on the artwork and it looks like it will be out after the Summer at this point (labels won't release albums in the Summer due to lower sales during that time of year). Still no release date but we will keep you posted. We're also very anxious to release a song for everyone to hear. Hopefully we will get approval to do that soon.

Awesome news that you're enjoying the 7 string! :headbang:

Awesome.

Good to hear at least everything is 100% done. If not in the summer, then I guess we'll see it around September/October. At least there's an indication as to when we can expect it now.