Psychotic Waltz is back

Postulate

Have a nice day! :)
Jul 17, 2008
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=123690284334231&topic=113

Psychotic Waltz OFFICIAL We are trying to get 10 to 15 songs together in a rough demo draft form of what will become the next PW album.
Shooting for 2011 release, but it is done when it is done.

(This was posted at the end of June)

I nearly gave up when Sieges Even disbanded, but this brings a tear to my eye...along with new Atheist and Fates Warning (hopefully, damn it)? Prog metal, may you never die. :worship:

Excuse me while I listen to their discog two or three times over.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/symphonyx/169965-official-band-project-whatever-yours-anyones-promotion-thread.html
Sorry, but fuck that. One of the few truly original Prog Metal bands returning warrants its own thread. However, I'm a little torn... without Buddy and especially Dan Rock, I can't imagine the upcoming record being up to par.
I surely wouldn't pass on these guys playing live anywhere around here, though... lucky me they were extremely popular in Germany back in their day.

Yeah canto, give up on policing that shit. The point of that thread is so we don't have a million "Check out my band" threads or "check out this mundane, 30 second shred video i found on youtube". I'm pretty sure legit news about other bands is welcome for new threads since it'll spark discussion.

Never got much into Psychotic Waltz, but I've heard plenty of stories about their drummer Norm and how he's a big ball of ego. He used to work at a record store in SD and some of my buddies went in there to buy a bunch of stuff and instead he accused them of stealing (they weren't... they were prepared to drop some serious bucks) and did nothing but hassle them. Dick move to be sure.

Not to mention reunions are 90% disappointment for everyone involved.

(...)

Not to mention reunions are 90% disappointment for everyone involved.

I agree on some level. The spark definitely seems to fade over time in most cases. The biggest exception, for me anyway, has to be Cynic.

I'm looking forward to this album. I was on a Spiral Architect bender a few years ago and their first few albums really hit the spot. Good stuff!

Yeah canto, give up on policing that shit. The point of that thread is so we don't have a million "Check out my band" threads or "check out this mundane, 30 second shred video i found on youtube". I'm pretty sure legit news about other bands is welcome for new threads since it'll spark discussion.

All I did was post a link. :Spam: