Psycrence - For Nevermore fans

I posted this almost 3 years ago and finally they've released their album. Oddly enough this band dropped all Nevermore influence and went for a melodic prog sound. Musically they are spot on but something about the singer stops me from loving this though he's ok. His melodies just don't sound that catchy to me though they are better in the second song. The music will be right up the alley of the average progpower board visitor hehe sorry for the expression if you will!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ηello, this is Kimon from Psycrence. Thank you so much for sharing this and I'm glad you guys like it.

I wanted to let you know that the rest of the album is available for streaming here: http://psycrence.bandcamp.com/

If you like it please support us by buying it. It's available as both digital download and physical copy, more links here: http://www.psycrence.com/index.php/music

About the singer, It wasn't clear to me if your issue is with his voice/performance or with the vocal melodies. For what is worth, the majority of the vocal melodies are written by me, so you can blame me for that ;)
It's weird though, we usually get very encouraging comments about him. I guess it's a taste thing.

I just got this in the mail. I agree that the Nevermore influence is gone. Instead Psycrence have a much more melodic sound, but still plenty of metal crunch. I really like the singer. To me, he sounds like Bernie Shaw of Uriah Heep. Really good stuff. Here is another song:

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked this one up a couple weeks ago. It's quality progressive metal.

I gets hints of Circus Maximus and Dream Theater (the Circus Maximus vibe sold me on it initially). Really enjoying this one!

Folks, this is the real deal here. This is some seriously tasty, crunchy progmetal. Kinda reminds me, espeically the vocals, of Cloudscape but with more staccato riffage and more precise and structured arrangements. This is an unexpected addition to what I consider an awesome year and could be top five for me depending on what's released in the next five months. This is a damn good album.