Pt Guys: Apple magic mouse

think thats only if you choose the airport extreme option/ depends on the age of your machine.
you can have it fitted.

If my Dad's iMac has bluetooth as standard, I can't believe the Mac Pro wouldn't :zombie: (though I guess it might depend on how old it is)

thats really odd considering i got mine in 07 standard with bt on it...are you sure its not just saying no information because you dont technically have anything hooked up into it to give you information?

Why'd you say it's a $2800 Mac Pro if it's 3 years old and you just got it...?

Anyway, if it really doesn't have it, a small as hell bluetooth dongle costs like 5 bucks these days.

Why'd you say it's a $2800 Mac Pro if it's 3 years old and you just got it...?

Anyway, if it really doesn't have it, a small as hell bluetooth dongle costs like 5 bucks these days.

Definitely paid full price when I got it, and I just got the MAGIC MOUSE, think you were misreading me there

I'm debating whether to get the little chip that actually goes inside my computer or whether I want to sacrifice another one of my USB ports

and it really doesn't have it, I looked inside and the Bluetooth board is definitely not there, I'm not a computer idiot

Also, please point me to a $5 BT dongle that is Mac compatible, cheapest one I've found is $15

Also, please point me to a $5 BT dongle that is Mac compatible, cheapest one I've found is $15

Sorry, didn't realize they might NOT be compatible with a mac... Every device I've ever plugged in has just worked. Don't know about BT dongles specifically, they should be simple enough technology after all, so here's one that costs under 2 dollars if you want to take the chance:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11866

Sorry, didn't realize they might NOT be compatible with a mac... Every device I've ever plugged in has just worked. Don't know about BT dongles specifically, they should be simple enough technology after all, so here's one that costs under 2 dollars if you want to take the chance:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11866

$2 with free shipping? Fuck it, it's worth a shot.

EDIT: Sweet, I found this review on the site

Tested and works great on: Ubuntu 8.10, Ubuntu 9.04, Arch Linux, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Seven RC, Mac OS X

Thanks for the link!

no problem ;)

deal extreme is indeed awesome, there's no postal charges and things don't cost shit. I haven't ordered anything yet but I'm planning to.

Well I finally got the Bluetooth adapter today... took forever to get here but it works great and the Magic Mouse is up and running

Awesome for you.....for some reason the post office returned my fuckin package back to apple with no explanation whatsoever today....it was at the post office at 6am and then at 745 they turned around and returned it....effin A cotton, effin A

Update: The $2 bluetooth dongle stopped working intermittently for anywhere from 5 seconds to a minute, which was extremely annoying when I was trying to get work done. I ended up buying the internal bluetooth kit from Fastmac which has worked flawless so far, I guess you get what you pay for haha

HAHa yeah dude 2 bucks (while majorly appealing) is bound to have its flaws...I finally got the mouse in and i have to agree..the physical feeling of the mouse in my hand is gonna take some getting used to...but the features it has on it are sweet...my only problem is im noticing at certain times when i click things on a webpage itll open it up as a new tab and i cant pinpoint how im hitting it do make it do so.

Sorry to hear that man.

It probably isn't too wise to buy electronics or stuff like that from DX after all. But I guess we should have seen that coming, after all, 2 dollars isn't shit! :err:

i got one recently after the mighty mouse crapped out irreparably and after some initial doubts... LOVE IT!