PT I/O issue

Heabow

More cowbell!
Aug 24, 2011
France
When reopening a session, PT had a crash. I force to quit then relaunched it. I got a message saying my I/O settings had changed. No sound. So I restarted the computer and the Digi003+ then I checked out the settings and some inputs are disabled.
Impossible to affect the tracks the inputs. Do somebody know where the problem is? Thanks a lot!

Open Pro Tools
Go to Setup
Playback Engine
At the top there should be the current engine and beside it is a drop down box, make sure that it is set to your interface
Click ok

Failing that
Go to setup
I/O...
Set everything up like it was before

Indeed in the playback engine, it was not set on the Digi. Now it works but when I open a session PT doesn't affect the normal I/O. I think (hope) there's a way to fix that?? If I gotta affect again all the I/O settings each time I open a session it's a pain in the ass!!!

Oh and the pan settings fucked up too. Everything is center panned...:confused:

First, make sure you've properly restored the i/o with stereo and mono delineations for the outputs. I believe there is a setting to force your i/o onto all sessions you load. There should also be a default 003 i/o setup somewhere you can just load.

First, make sure you've properly restored the i/o with stereo and mono delineations for the outputs. I believe there is a setting to force your i/o onto all sessions you load. There should also be a default 003 i/o setup somewhere you can just load.

Yes, I restored them. Also this option to force the I/O is enabled but the problem still there. Seems like it doesn't have an effect at all. Only the inputs 1 and 2 are ok, the other ones are not "detected". I have to "reselect" the input for each track and it's ok but it's solving nothing really as I gotta do that for each new session I open.

I did have a little bug like that in the past. There was a crash when I opening a session. I forced to quit. But this was only the soundcard selection that was not set on the Digi003. But now eveything seems to be set properly and it doesn't work...

Really, I don't know what to do to make PT work normally again and I don't even know if it comes from PT or the Digi!?!

When you do get it working (you just need to add new inputs etc if you've only got two) export your I/O settings and save it somewhere safe. I've done this and it saves me no end of bother, especially after a fresh install or across different computers. Also comes in handy for the odd time someone gives me a PT session to mix.