Public Apology to Nailz

Kimavir

Metal Hippy
Nov 13, 2003
Behind you, I think I'm the most excited forum goer to see Elvenking this year. However, I want to apologize that I won't be second-most-crazy person during their set. Blame Glenn. He put our Italian boys on the same night as Amorphis, and I gotta save plenty of rockin out for one of my top 5 bands of all time.

As I get more and more excited about next week... I just keep thinking, "I have to let Nailz know why I won't be so excited I birth a litter of kitten during Elvenking's set". Well, it's because I gotta save the cute, cuddly fuzzballs for Amorphis. I hope you'll understand.

I love Elvenking a whole lot too. But I won't be so excited I'll birth kittens if the indeed decide to play six or seven songs from The Scythe. I wanted them to play a few years ago, when The Winter Wake came out, Damnagoras was back, and I still liked everything they've ever done. Now we'll be lucky if we get two songs from Heathenreel...:(

This is the one band to which I will birth kittens. Ha Ha!
It took a while for "The Scythe" to grow on me, as I was used to their traditional folk Metal of Heathenreel and The Winter Wake.
But after a few listens to The Scythe, I like the album a lot and really look forward to their performance.

Knowing my group of peeps, they will probably leave me in the middle of the floor, rockin' all by myself like they did last year during Virgin Steele.
Jerks.
;)

As I get more and more excited about next week... I just keep thinking, "I have to let Nailz know why I won't be so excited I birth a litter of kitten during Elvenking's set".

ROTFLMAO. I will likely be so enamoured in their set from the front that I won't even realize there are other people in the venue, to be quite honest. That happens with me and shows. Once the band gets going I'm into, I lose myself in the music and their performance. It's an amazing experience.

But I won't be so excited I'll birth kittens if the indeed decide to play six or seven songs from The Scythe.

They won't play an entire set based on The Scythe. I highly expect a nice smattering of everything.

Now we'll be lucky if we get two songs from Heathenreel...

It's only a 45 minute set, with 4 albums to their names. I wouldn't expect anything more than 2 songs per CD. I imagine 3 songs from The Scythe, 2 from The Winter Wake, 1 from WYRD, and 2 from Heathenreel (should my special request make the cut).

edit: no, it wasn't seasonspeech.

Nailz, if you're right, I'll be happy. There are songs from The Scythe that I do like. I enjoy "The Divided Heart" and "A Riddle of Stars"...I'll still be rocking the fuck out to them...however, I just wish I could go back and see one of theirs sets upon the return of Damnagoras, when they were still playing "The Regality Dance," "Hobs an' Feathers," and "The Dweller of Rhymes."

If your personal request was for another Heathenreel song (on top of "Pagan Purity" which it seems they always play), then I guess I'll be happy enough. I'm also interested in how Damnagoras pulls off any songs from Wyrd as I felt it was a good album, but Kleid didn't quite cut it as the vocalist.

With a setlist like you're predicting, Nailz, I'll be even happier than I thought I would with their set. I like all of their discs, but Heathenreel is just amazing. 2 songs from it is more than I expected, so I'm stoked.

Think there's any chance we'll get a song off the upcoming acoustic album?

I wish that I could say that I was as excited about Elvenking and Amorphis, but I'm not. At this point, both of these bands are just OK for me, but nothing special. With that said, I tend to dig bands better once I see them live. If they kick my butt live, then I'm guessing I'll have a change of heart.

~Brian~