Purchased Drumagog...Encountered Problems...

_Brutalism_

May 14, 2008
Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone can help me out here, if you'd be so kind.

I purchased Drumagog Pro (Retail Version, with CD), only to find out it wasn't compatible with Vista, but this problem was subsequently solved, after I downloaded the downloadable version as instructed.

The problem is, I have not been able to use Drumagog through Acid Sonic Foundry 6.0, as it isn't turning up in the VST plugin list, even after specifying the folder in which it is held. This is perplexing, as opening another audio program (FL Studio 8) with the plugin in the same file didn't give me any trouble, as it was recognised and I was able to use it.

This obviously narrows it down to being a problem between Drumagog and Acid. What I don't understand is that I was able to use the Demo version of Drumagog with Acid (but I have re-formatted my PC and upgraded from XP to Vista since.)

I have contacted Drumagog's Customer Care through the forums and they told me that this was due to other plugins interfering in the same VST folder. I uninstalled said plugins, but to no avail.

I was wondering whether any of you ever encountered such a problem with a VST plugin and a program, and what can be done to fix it.

Thanks in advance! :)

Unfortunately under my FX, when I select to View All, it isn't in the list (however, DirectX effects isn't in the list).

Hehe, I said that I did do so but it isn't seeing Drumagog even though its in the VST folder and ACID is in the correct path.

In fact, when I tell ACID to scan the VST folder, it sees drumagog during the scan but not in the VST list. :mad:

EDIT: I installed it on a laptop instead and it worked! (Vista also). Must be something with the files on my PC however I cannot see how anything could be obstructing it. It still isn't reading it on the PC.

OK problem solved!

I uninstalled ACID and Drumagog then reinstalled ACID and Drumagog after.

Well, from my experience, if this happens to anyonese else you might want to try this option :p.

Thanks for your help anyway.