Purple on Today Show + New Album News

lane_miller

Space Ghost
Aug 31, 2008
Near Raleigh, NC
Deep Purple guested on the Today Show on Thursday morning. Below is a link to the performance. (Warning to Glenn: Opening the attached link will cause a feeling of fullness in your bladder!:eek:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxhlyI2Fu2o

Blabbermouth reports that the band will be starting to make a new album and that they will again use Bob Ezrin as producer.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/video-deep-purple-performs-smoke-on-the-water-on-nbcs-today-show/

That sounds great to me because, there last album Now What?! was easily their best since Purpendicular.:Spin:

Other news is that they will be releasing two CD/DVDs in September. One from Wachen and the other from Tokyo. Both will be over the current line-up.

Saw them last week headlining the closing night of the Quebec City Summer Festival in front of 50-60,000 people and they ruled. Good mix of classics with some songs from Now What!, Vincent Price works very well live. Gillan was in fine voice and the whole band very tight. Too bad they don't play stuff from Purpendicular anymore though, especially that killer song that should be considered a DP classic, Sometimes I Feel Like Screaming.

Totally agreed - Sometimes I Feel Like Screaming is my favorite Deep Purple song, and there are a lot of tracks from all eras of the band I enjoy. If I had more time off from work, I'd consider taking the drive to see them in CT on Thursday....

Joe

DEEP PURPLE, CHEAP TRICK, CHICAGO AMONG ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES

"...The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame has announced some long, long overdue inductions into the questionable institution as Deep Purple, Cheap Trick, Chicago, and Steve Miller, along with hip-hop act N.W.A will be its class of 2016. The five acts, along with other honorees to be announced later, will be part of the 31st annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony on April 8th at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn....

...The Rock Hall will try to recover from the black eye - hard rock legends Deep Purple - who’ve been eligible for more than 20 years! The complete list of current and former members who are being inducted includes Ritchie Blackmore, David Coverdale, Rod Evans, Ian Gillan, Roger Glover, Glenn Hughes, Ian Paice and the late Jon Lord."

DEEP PURPLE DRUMMER IAN PAICE ON POSSIBLE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME INDUCTION - “IF SOME PEOPLE ARE INDUCTED TOGETHER, IT COULD END IN A PUNCH-UP”

DEEP PURPLE’S IAN GILLAN ON ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME INDUCTION’S EXCLUSION OF STEVE MORSE, DON AIREY - “OBVIOUSLY THIS IS VERY SILLY”

RITCHIE BLACKMORE BANNED FROM DEEP PURPLE’S ROCK HALL OF FAME INDUCTION

UPDATE: RITCHIE BLACKMORE NOT BANNED FROM ROCK HALL INDUCTION; DEEP PURPLE “UNWILLING” TO PERFORM WITH HIM

DEEP PURPLE – IAN GILLAN DEFENDS BAND’S DECISION TO PERFORM WITH CURRENT LINEUP AT ROCK HALL INDUCTION – “THERE IS NO SLIGHT INTENDED NOR ANY DESIRE TO UPSET ANYONE”

JOE LYNN TURNER - "RITCHIE AND IAN SHOULD GROW UP AND STOP THE BULLSHIT"

DEEP PURPLE: A BAND DOWN UNDER - 1999 “ON THE ROAD” DOCUMENTARY VIDEO STREAMING

GLENN HUGHES STILL HOPING TO PERFORM WITH DEEP PURPLE AT ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME INDUCTION

DEEP PURPLE - NEW ALBUM “ALL BUT FINISHED EXCEPT FOR VOCALS”, SAYS BASSIST ROGER GLOVER

METALLICA DRUMMER LARS ULRICH TALKS DEEP PURPLE - "THEIR LEGACY JUST CONTINUED TO SORT OF GROW AND GROW OVER THE LAST 30 YEARS"

DEEP PURPLE GUITARIST STEVE MORSE LOOKS BACK ON HIS EARLY YEARS - "IT WAS A ROUGH TIME IN THE '60S TO BE LIVING IN THE SOUTH AND HAVING LONG HAIR; IT WASN'T ENTIRELY WELCOMING" (VIDEO)

GLENN HUGHES ON DEEP PURPLE’S ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME INDUCTION TONIGHT - “WE’RE SO STRICKEN WITH GRATITUDE”

Last edited: