Puuuuurdy.....

Spike

Blinded By The Light...
Jul 15, 2001
Australia
Don't ask me to explain. Too tired. Suffice to say these are some pics from the weekends travels. Skyrail is big gondola thing that goes up to the tablelands straight over the top of the mountain. 'Valley' is Goldsborough valley, 60 clicks north of where I live, was visiting a friend who was back in town and lived out that way. went for a swim in a river up the head of the valley too, twas nice. :D

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/~spike/DigiCam/

Here's an example:

Skyrail01-.jpg

Valley20-.JPG

And the piece de resitance, cos I can (and cos I'm evil! :heh: ) THIS is the geck that hitched a ride for the entire trip over an hour, in speeds in excess of 110 kmph... on the OUTSIDE window! :heh:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/~spike/DigiCam/Go%20Go%20Gecko.MOV

This guy RAWKS!! :headbang:

Spike

rahvin said:
*frantically pushes the "alarm! oversized pics!" button*

so what happened during this trip of yours? any adventure? did you score? :p
Didn't I just explain to everyone NOT to ask for explanations... :bah:

Anyway, now that I have the ( same amount ) time again, I was out at a place called Goldsborough Valley on the weekend for the 'valley' pics, it's about 80 clicks north of where I live. I was visiting a friend who lives out that way who'd just gotten back into town after trying his luck down south for a few weeks trying to get a job after obtaining his degree.

.....it would appear that he's had no such luck however, and at this stage will be stringly considering joining the armed forces.

anyway, as you can see, he lives in this really nice place out north, the only fault being that it's like an hour long drive fron where he lives to the cnetre of town (ie: he's in the middle of nowhere). All the properties out that way are on acreages at least, and the place is far from full up, so it's a nice quiet relaxing place in the middle of that valley/forest, the picks of the incomming rain are taken from his house, but besides that we went further up the valley and even further away from civilization, to the head of a river deep in the valley where we spent the afternoon swimming about in the river and stuff. Unfortunately our plans fell through at the last minute and half the lads couldn't come. So at this stage we're thining of getting better organise and doing it again this weekend, only this time we will all be bringing inflatable rubber tires..... and hopefully lots of grog. :Smug: supposedly from the head of the river deep in the valley you can ride one of those tires all the way down back to the river/valley entrance (takes about two hours) near where my mate actually lives, so I think we'll be chatting and drinking all the way down the river, and having a barbeque dinner afterwards.

Sould be nice. ;)

The 'Skyrail' pics were actually taken by me ma, who went up on the gondolas which go straight up over the mountain above the rainforest, up to a small town/village on the tablelands called Kuranda.

Also a nice place. ;)

I didn't go as I'm to much of a of a penny pinching bastard in regards to my upcoming trip, and I'm too busy with my final days of work as it is. :erk:

Oh, and the movie is actually of this KICK ASS gecko that decided to hitch a ride from the other side of town all the way out to the valley (80clicks+) at speeds in excess of 110kmph, as yopu will see in the video! :heh:

He was still with us when we stopped too.

Anywho, this gecko RAKWS! :headbang:

......There, are you HAPPY NOW, rahvin? :Smug:

P.S. And no rahvin I did not get laid, before you ask. :rolleyes:

Spike said:
but besides that we went further up the valley and even further away from civilization, to the head of a river deep in the valley where we spent the afternoon swimming about in the river and stuff. Unfortunately our plans fell through at the last minute and half the lads couldn't come. So at this stage we're thining of getting better organise and doing it again this weekend, only this time we will all be bringing inflatable rubber tires..... and hopefully lots of grog. :Smug: supposedly from the head of the river deep in the valley you can ride one of those tires all the way down back to the river/valley entrance (takes about two hours) near where my mate actually lives, so I think we'll be chatting and drinking all the way down the river, and having a barbeque dinner afterwards.
it does sound such a nice and almost movie-like experience, yes. :)
the pics are cool, although i'm not much one for taking shots of landscapes. next time, can you take some more featuring the river and the road to the river, and the barbeque dinner? thank you. :p

......There, are you HAPPY NOW, rahvin? :Smug:
considerably happier than five minutes ago. :)

P.S. And no rahvin I did not get laid, before you ask. :rolleyes:
well, that's too bad. methinks we should work on putting an end to this in july, in helsinki. ;) and no, i'm not suggesting anything between us.

someone's got sex on the sex? :err:

Anyway, gotta go to bed (again). Night all. :wave:

We'll continue this conversation later......

I'll chip in $5 for the "get Spike laid" fund. :lol: :guh:

Anyways, I didn't bother reading what you had to say spike... you know how to use photoshop as well as anyone else :p I have a 21" monitor set to 1600x1200 and I can't see all of it in full screen mode. I cba to scroll sideways :p

Just kidding about the fund. It'll happen when the time is right. :loco:

xenophobe said:
It'll happen when the time is right. :loco:
you can count on that spike: it will happen when the time is right, and then a number of other times almost completely at random which will make you go "wtf?" (literally) out loud, and then never again for some reason. it's a bit like a blizzard. :p