PYRAMAZE: Contingent

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
PYRAMAZE TO RELEASE CONTINGENT ALBUM IN APRIL; DETAILS REVEALED, TEASER VIDEO STREAMING

"...Melodic metal band Pyramaze will release their new album, Contingent, on April 28th in Europe and North America through Inner Wound Recordings...."

pyramazealbumfeb.jpg

Reactions: Felixrox and eppst1
Sounds Amazing - Jacob Hansen - Anything he touches is gold for me.

Brand

I agree with Kez sounds very similar to the previous one which was one of my favorites cd's I have purchased in the last couple of years. This sounds a little heavier and colder but still amazing. REALLY looking forward to this one.

Brand

It seems like every Pyramaze album is heavier than the last one. I don't mind that, as they always bring the riffage, but I do feel like some of the hunger and fire to prove themselves as basically an all-new band that characterized the last record is missing. I don't regret pre-ordering it at all, though, as the teaser was stupendous.

Reactions: Felixrox
Love the fact that we have a new album so soon after the last one. It was quite a wait between
Immortal and Disciples of the Sun.

Having said that, I'm not really digging the 20 Second Century song. Just feels kinda uninspired and too repetitive. Hopefully I won't feel the same about the rest of the album.

Amen, at least it was not another 7 year wait........I have high hopes for this album ! And YES, this has a pretty aggressive tone on the video. My bet is the band knows what they're doing & won't bombard us with bombast on ALL the songs.

I stand by my last comment somewhat. This doesn't have quite the same fire and gravitas the last album had. However, on repeated listens it is becoming quite outstanding.

Then again, the style is starting to evolve into all-out prog-metal so there may be some more surprises along the way. There are already new ideas in this song that I quite liked.

Last edited:
The drum part before the verses is something we haven't ever heard Pyramaze do like that.

But I am still most impressed with that verse riff which is BOSS.

Hey Gang,

Been sitting with this one for a week now. Have not seen a whole lot of buzz on it so figured I would post. I was not a fan of this band until DOTS cd. Blew me away and I could not believe it was the same band. That Cd was AWESOME. I was anxiously awaiting the new one and on first listen, was a bit disappointed. So I spent some time with it because there was no way I could not like it because it followed much of the same formula as the previous disc. So after sitting with it - it has grown on me. The production is stellar as always with a Jacob Hansen disc. This cd is a much darker and colder cd than the previous. The melodies are there for sure but not as instant as DOTS. This cd is a story and it is meant to be listened to from start to finish. Where as on DOTS I could easily remember songs after first listen, I did not get that here on this one. This is a very mature disc and a more focused concept piece of music. So let me preface it this way. This is an EXCELLENT cd however as I have gotten older my style of song and music has changed. I used to LOVE concept albums but as I get older I prefer short and to the point songs. So for me I do prefer DOTS over this one - this is in no way a bad cd at all. For me and my tastes, I want the song to grab me at first listen - this disc was a grower and I am still waiting for that big hook. So to sum it up. Very well done - great concept - sounds awesome - but for my tastes I prefer DOTS over this one.

Brand

I've heard similar comments from others as well. Personally, sometimes this style really works for me, sometimes I'm left disappointed. Looking forward to hearing this in its entirety, as the last album was EXCELLENT.