Q for Andy: The more things change Album

Fabbio

Yoda
Mar 6, 2005
Milano, Italy
Hey Andy! I remember Robb Flynn in interviews a long time ago referring to the recording of 'The more things change' as a bad period since all the guitar tracks were accidentally deleted and they had to begin from scratch the recording process.

What happened exactly?

no thats not true.
They kept second guessing and ended up tracking the guitars 3 times in total.
I got involved after the 2nd mix, before tracking guitars and mixing for the third (and last) time.

It was a nightmare though because we were on 2" and we were on a slave reel, so we couldn't hear the vocals which had already been tracked to the original guitars so we had to tune to what we were about to record over.

Andy Sneap said:
no thats not true.
I got involved after the 2nd mix, before tracking guitars and mixing for the third (and last) time.

It was a nightmare though because we were on 2" and we were on a slave reel, so we couldn't hear the vocals which had already been tracked to the original guitars so we had to tune to what we were about to record over.

Ahhh... ...sounds like a very hard work...

And people still complain about the 'digital age'.

Thak you for the explanation!:kickass:

Andy Sneap said:
no thats not true.

Hahaah wow...makes me feel a little bit better about the crap I go through because I keep second guessing stuff.