Latest Andy News

Onkloo

New Metal Member
Feb 6, 2003
www.geocities.com
From BWBK:

"A posting at MACHINE HEAD’s website (www.machinehead1.com) reveals that after months of intensive writing, the band have officially announced their return to the studio to begin recording their fifth album, titled Through The Ashes Of Empires.

Scheduled for an October 13th release through Roadrunner Records, the follow-up to 2001's Supercharger will be recorded at Sharkbite studios in Oakland, CA, with lead singer/guitarist Robert Flynn at the production helm along with additional assistance from Andy Sneap.

Sneap, who had previously worked with the group on 1997's The More Things Change..., will be present for the initial stages of tracking but will be unable to oversee the entire process due to prior commitments. Sharkbite studio owner Mark Keaton will engineer the recording and legendary producer Colin Richardson will step in to mix the effort in late July/early August at Chapel Studios in Lincolnshire, England."

Thats great news. I always thought TMTC was Machine Head's best album, mostly because of the awesome drum sound Andy achieved on it. Personally, I don't think anyone can make the drums sound as good on metal albums as Andy can (except for maybe Daniel Bergstrand).

BTW, has anyone heard the new Nevermore album? Damn, what a shame they went with someone else for mixing, etc. It sounds pretty terrible methinks. Although, I think it was more a label decision than a band one. Apparently, the band are pretty unhappy with how it turned out and are getting it remastered.

In Andy we trust...

Ash

Ok, I know the sites down, we'll be sorting all this out next week now I'm back in the UK.

Finished tracking new Exodus album Tuesday night 1am, flew home Wednesday which means I'm pretty useless until Monday, so having a few rare days off, then begin mixing for 10 days at Backstage. Sounding really good, pleased with the results we got out of Zetro and there's no lack of guitar solos on this album, so for those of you wondering where all the solo's have gone these days - we've got them all...

Also hooked up with the Machine Head guys whilst in SF, helped out with basic set up as they're tracking it all themselves this time. I have every confidence in Robb producing actually, he's got a keen ear and knows what he wants, he's the demo king , and Mark who owns Shark Bite studios seems pretty on the money also.

So this month I've got Exodus and 36 Crazyfists to mix and also UK metallers Stampin Ground to do, also talking to Road Runner about another project to mix and there's a Spiritual Beggars live album to mix somewhere down the line soon.

Sorry about the site messing up, like I said, it'll be up and running again in the next week

Metal

Andy

Damn those Blabbermouth SOBs. Your reply has been put atop their news page. You're quite a celebrity methinks!! ;)

Ash

Andy Sneap said:
Ok, I know the sites down, we'll be sorting all this out next week now I'm back in the UK.

Finished tracking new Exodus album Tuesday night 1am, flew home Wednesday which means I'm pretty useless until Monday, so having a few rare days off, then begin mixing for 10 days at Backstage. Sounding really good, pleased with the results we got out of Zetro and there's no lack of guitar solos on this album, so for those of you wondering where all the solo's have gone these days - we've got them all...

Also hooked up with the Machine Head guys whilst in SF, helped out with basic set up as they're tracking it all themselves this time. I have every confidence in Robb producing actually, he's got a keen ear and knows what he wants, he's the demo king , and Mark who owns Shark Bite studios seems pretty on the money also.

So this month I've got Exodus and 36 Crazyfists to mix and also UK metallers Stampin Ground to do, also talking to Road Runner about another project to mix and there's a Spiritual Beggars live album to mix somewhere down the line soon.

Sorry about the site messing up, like I said, it'll be up and running again in the next week

Metal

Andy