Q5 - New Lineup, New Tour, New Songs

Maximum Metal

May 26, 2014
Q5 vocalist Jonathan K spoke with Eric Compton of Maximum Metal this week about the band’s new line-up and European tour this Fall.

The band, known for their now classic 1984 opus “Steel the Light”, re-formed last June for a performance at Sweden Rock. The response was so successful that the band have decided to kick off a small tour of Europe beginning with the Rock You to Hell Festival in Greece on November 8th. The band will also perform in Cyprus on November 10th with more dates to be announced.

The band’s original lineup of Jonathan K, Rick Pierce and Even Sheeley are still intact, but original guitarist Floyd Rose has retired from stage work to focus on his famed Tremolo system and custom guitars. Original drummer Gary Thompson has become a studio engineer, thus the band are proud to announce two new additions to Q5; Guitarist Kendall Bechtal (Fifth Angel, Powertrain) as well as new drummer Jeff McCormack (Nightshade, Fifth Angel, Heir Apparent). This new line-up will debut at Rock You to Hell.

“I can tell you the band sounds awesome. I’m prejudiced but I’m also very critical of our sound and the new guys are phenomenal”, explains Jonathan K. “We will also be in the studio and a new CD and songs should be available for download.”

One of the new songs planned is a collaboration with Floyd Rose.

Q5 on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/groups/26262768303/
Rick Pierce – www.rickpierceguitar.com
www.maximummetal.com