Quantizing tremolo picked riffs...best/easiest program?

Editing guitars is ok, but editing every single note of a tremolo picked riff is pretty gay...

Move 2, 3(if it's triplets) or 4 notes at a time. And yeah, the transients are useless, if you edit to the visible transients it's going to sound as if the guitarist is rushing the riff.

I have to agree, any time I have tried editing trem riffs it was groups of notes, not single ones.

Yes, it's very gay to want guitars that don't suck.

:rolleyes:

Everyone that thinks that way doesn't realize they have probably heard edited guitars (any instrument for that matter), didn't realize it, and liked it, a zillion times. That mentality is horse shit.

Well... did i say editing guitars is gay??? No... I said quantizing guitar is gay because it is.

^ uh oh! :D
homo%20fight.jpeg

Well... did i say editing guitars is gay??? No... I said quantizing guitar is gay because it is.

Since "quantize" has no meaning, literally, when it comes to music or audio engineering, I have always thought of quantizing, when used as engineer jargon, and editing as generally one and the same.

What does "quantize" mean to you?

Hey Mike, isn't quantize short for quantization, which does have meaning can be looked at as another form of editing?

<3 semantics.

colton said:
Hey Mike, isn't quantize short for quantization, which does have meaning can be looked at as another form of editing?

<3 semantics.

Merriam-Webster said:
quan·tize[kwon-tahyz]
verb (used with object), quan·tized, quan·tiz·ing.
Mathematics, Physics . to restrict (a variable quantity) to discrete values rather than to a continuous set of values.
Physics . to change the description of (a physical system) from classical to quantum-mechanical, usually resulting in discrete values for observable quantities, as energy or angular momentum.

Succinctly, no. I don't know why that word is used in the AE world for anything, we aren't dealing with mathematical equations or physics. It is merely just another term for editing that someone used (incorrectly) and it just stuck as AE jargon.

Since "quantize" has no meaning, literally, when it comes to music or audio engineering, I have always thought of quantizing, when used as engineer jargon, and editing as generally one and the same.

What does "quantize" mean to you?

Well because of how the OP described his "problem" i thought he meant by quantizing= edit on grid, like drums for instance. But you are right that quantizing could mean just standard editing. But i interpreted OP like super gay 100% machine guitar haha.

Well because of how the OP described his "problem" i thought he meant by quantizing= edit on grid, like drums for instance. But you are right that quantizing could mean just standard editing. But i interpreted OP like super gay 100% machine guitar haha.

Which is totally super gay, agreed.

Moral of the story: only edit when it's needed. If you're editng whole sections of guitar, something is wrong with the guitar player.

If you are editing and you need to fix a note or two here or there: ok, it's still metal
If you are "quantizing" each note individually, then you are effectively creating electronic music, no longer metal.

nahhhh man, it's called mechanical metal =D hahahaha...

Dude, think about someone like Dino from Fear Factory, especially on Obsolete and the album prior to that. GOD DAMNNNNNNNNNN.