Queens of the Stone Age

Probably the worst band name in history - maybe aside from Eagles Of Death Metal (which has the same guy from Queens...). Even worse than Sunn0))) (how do you pronounce this anyway?)

Frosties said:
Probably the worst band name in history - maybe aside from Eagles Of Death Metal (which has the same guy from Queens...). Even worse than Sunn0))) (how do you pronounce this anyway?)

Eagles of Death Metal is easily one of the best names of any band ever. But that might be because it's so misleading. "What the Eagles sound like if they made Death Metal".

Bierbommetje said:
Eagles of Death Metal is easily one of the best names of any band ever. But that might be because it's so misleading. "What the Eagles sound like if they made Death Metal".

No, no - If they made death metal, they'd sound like.... death metal. The only way this remotely has to do with Eagles of Death Metal, is that I want to bludgeon myself to death with a pipe when I listen to them.

Frosties said:
No, no - If they made death metal, they'd sound like.... death metal. The only way this remotely has to do with Eagles of Death Metal, is that I want to bludgeon myself to death with a pipe when I listen to them.

Yeah, it's bullshit obviously. But I think it was Joshe Homme who said it in some magazine. I take it you don't like 'em much? Sure, It's got absolutely zero depth and the production is (intentionally) horrible, not to mention the fact that Joshe Homme isn't exactly the worlds greatest drummer, but that's the point, it's garage-rock, it's supposed to sound messy, unproduced and like a jam. And it succeeds in all those aspects. There's even some geniunly beautiful songs, like Already Died, and with Kiss the Devil's groove, it's impossible to not at least tap your foot. I haven't heard the new one yet, definitely picking it up. They're just a no-pretense feelgood fun band, and when you consider them nothing more then that, they're really enjoyable.

Just to make it obvious, I'll allow talk on Eagles of Death Metal in this thread, or any QOTSA side-project for that manner. That said:

Has anyone heard the new Eagles of Death Metal? Opinions?

I haven't really heard any of the Desert Sessions albums yet, can anyone who has recommend me any?