Queens of the Stone Age

Hell Yay!

Except thier new one. It seems boring but I gotta give it more listens.
The one before that was half good, half boring imo.
Everything else rocks big time.

Ah, come on GGI... Looking for a bashing fest?:lol:

Yay for me even though I didn't like the last album.

No, I'm serious. I've heard a lot of good things about them, so I bought the new one, even though a lot of people said they didn't like it so much. I haven't heard it enough to make a judgement call yet.
Well, I'd recommend you grab "Rated R" and "Songs For the Deaf" then. Things went a bit downhill since Nick Oliveri got fired. Not saying the new album is bad but it sounds like they lost some edge unfortunately.

Songs for the Deaf is amazing....I remember finding out what kind of amp John Hommes uses....its an old vintage combo, its SUPER mid-focused and honky, but he comes up with some sick weird riffs

Some of the tracking footage I've seen for Lullabies was fantastic. I dig Joe Barresi as well. Overall they're a bit hit and miss for me, but I dig 'em.

Nay. Go pick up Kyuss' "Blues for the Red Sun" instead. That was the guitarist's first band. Hell, Kyuss got me through the 90's amidst the onslaught of grunge, Alterna-crap & rap metal. After the magnificence of Kyuss, QOTSA is just plain weak.

-0z-