Queensrÿche are parting ways with Geoff Tate

The Geoff Tate Band's album Frequency Unknown was released a couple of weeks ago, and the word out on the street is that it's garbage. As a matter of fact, Cleopatra Records is attempting to capitalize on the album's negative publicity by holding a contest for the best YouTube rant. The winner gets an all-expense paid trip to Seattle to meet The Geoff Tate Band and watch their show on June 29, plus US$250 worth of merchandise. In the words of the great Admiral Ackbar: "It's a trap!"

Here's one of the entries:

Queensrÿche's upcoming self-titled album is already in my priority list.

Last edited by a moderator:
After a handful of fans posted their rant videos, Tate posted his reaction:

One of the contestants posted this just for shits and giggles. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Meanwhile, Century Media just posted another song from Queensrÿche's upcoming album. I can't wait for the release anymore. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
ive seen both versions and im a queensryche purist... that being said... the version with Todd is far superior to Tate's. Not only can he hit notes Tate only wishes he could hit, he is also a total sweetheart. Everyone in that line up is a great guy :)

I was actually at the record release party they recently had in la and the new record they played was amazing. True ryche sound.

stoked.:devil:

The problem is Queensryche without De Garmo is kinda like Slayer without Hanemann. He wasn't the whole show, the way Harris is, or Mustaine or Lemmy in their bands, but he was a big, dominant presence the way Jeff was. I can't see how Queensryche can ever be the same without Chris.