Queensyrche - operation mindcrime

Yeah dude, I haven't really enjoyed a DT album since the excellent Metropolis Pt 2. Train of thought had some ok moments, but Octavarium and Systematic Chaos were devoid of any good SONGS.

Metropolis part2, Change Of Seasons and Images and Words is where it's at for me.

On a side note, the other day I was playing Drums on Guitar Hero, and I managed to get 92% on Hard, on Pull Me Under. :D (I'm not a drummer, and I don't play guitar hero very often so this pleased me)

Train of thought had some ok moments

For me Train of thought has THE moment. "In the name of god" is so awesome :) But you´re right, they lost songwriting quality a bit in the years. I´m not more addicted to the new stuff like in the good ol´days. TOT was the last album I really loved. Unfortunately!

I seriously listened to Operation Mindcrime almost every single day as a kid. Probably one of my top favorite albums of all time.

The clean tone.......................ah the clean tone. Then there's the aunch of the distorted guitars at 2:40. Brilliant.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjQ6no6PUm0&feature=related[/ame]

For me Train of thought has THE moment. "In the name of god" is so awesome :) But you´re right, they lost songwriting quality a bit in the years. I´m not more addicted to the new stuff like in the good ol´days. TOT was the last album I really loved. Unfortunately!

Same here!

Everything after TOT had it's moments but wasn't so impressive all together. Octavarium is a good example. 8 more or less good songs but IMO it just lacked the flow that glued TOT so well together. And on SC they were simply to busy being a bad copy of other bands (like Metallica, Muse or Opeth) and trying to write a radio ballad (Forsaken is sooo godawful :puke:).

BTT: Haven't listened to O:M in quite a while, but those catchy choruses instantly pop up in my head when thinking about it.

Slash, have you by any chance listened to DT before ToT? ;)

Actually, yes. I consider IAW to be the perfect album, where every note, every second (even the lyrics - thanks to Kevin Moore) is just pure magic. The perfect balance between great musicianship and songwriting.

And I'm probably the biggest Kevin Moore fan you will find...

Yet I think TOT is very much enjoyable. I even prefer it to Scenes... like really.

It's right up there with Mindcrime for me...that album was SO far ahead of its time. I know it's a cliche, but it really does still sound fresh today, which, considering its age and surroundings, is crazy. Pure genius.

I remember this to be an awesome concert, too.
For the longest time - I didn't really dig Queensyrche ... but then (just out of the blue) I started to love them.
Very talented guys.

+1

I really like OMII also. I thought it would be a big let down but was pleasantly surprised and features cool guest vocals from Dio. :kickass:
A great follow up imo, especially after all these years.