question about bands performing on stage

brightkelly

Dec 9, 2004
New York
I once heard that something about performing on stage, you cant overlook the audience, but you can't stare at one person in the crowd either. But it seems in metal shows, musicians have direct eye contact with audience often, even smile and wink at you, when they're not banging their heads!

If someone winks at you on stage, how are you going to react? By smiling back(winking back) lol?:oops:

Whenever I counter a public greeting or acknowledgement of any kind, I just expose myself and say, 'I've got your ___, right here.' You know.... 'Yeah, I've got my ID, right here.'.. 'I've got your wink, right here'... 'Yeah, I've got my drivers' license, right here.'...'Yeah, I've got your bike helmet, right here.' The genders love it.

It'd be hard to keep looking at one person in the crowd as the audience usually move around. The band should look at the audience, which they do, where else are they gonna look for the whole playlist, right?
Obv. you're gonna grin your head off if the rockstar grins at you!

If they appreciate their fans and they're not too far away they should look 'em the eyes as well, so then it's like creating the bond, the magic of the show and the power in the music creates something else. Something magicaal.

You should do the same thing you should do whenever the band does something you approve of: scream and headbang wildly.

As someone who spends most of his time on the barrier, band members also will often slap your hand even during songs when they have a chance (not just vocalists). The only suitable response to such honor is renewed vigor in headbanging.

I once heard that something about performing on stage, you cant overlook the audience, but you can't stare at one person in the crowd either. But it seems in metal shows, musicians have direct eye contact with audience often, even smile and wink at you, when they're not banging their heads!

:erk: What? Musicians of all genres make eye contact and interact with their audience. It doesn't depend on the genre, it depends on the performer. I have no idea what you're talking about. I've been to far more popular/classic rock shows than I have metal, and the musicians smile and point at the audience all the time.

i love interacting with the crowd. once i had a guy willing to swallow my cum. it was our v-day show and i was fake jerking it in stage. he spread his lips open to received... im not sure i wanna play with his band again hahaha
~gR~

i love interacting with the crowd. once i had a guy willing to swallow my cum. it was our v-day show and i was fake jerking it in stage. he spread his lips open to received... im not sure i wanna play with his band again hahaha
~gR~

The crowd was so into it at that show! I had great fun playing for them.

Was it one of the guys from the band that came down from Denver that we hadn't played with before?

Terrance Hobbs always grins at me and gives me the horns when I go see Suffocation. I think it may have to do with the fact that I watch his playing really hard as I'm fond of it.

My old band played a gig at this tiny little club/bar thing called Cervante's. The entire time some dude kept telling us to take our shirts off. I'm not sure why... Funny though. Of course our vocalist did.

Winking and smiling is not metal, just give 'em the horns and make your best metal face (you know what I'm talking about).

p1010131.jpg