question about Control and Resistance album (popping sound)

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
I bought my first Watchtower album the other day (Control and Resistance) and as I was listening to it today I noticed something that I wasn't sure if it should be there. There seems to be somewhat of a 'popping sound' kind of like static or what a 'scratch' might sound like. Since the disc is new there are no actual scratches or anything. And heck, it might have meant to be there, it might have been part of the production. But I just want to find out if my disc is faulty or not. So thanks for anybody who can help me out.

It's propably your mortal cd player not being able to reproduce the complex digital structures and godlike speed of Ron. "popping sounds" can be heard when breaking the sound barrier as well.

Reactions: progmetaldan
My copy has no such problems. Sounds like a manufacturing defect or they remastered it improperly. It's also possible that it's a poorly recorded bootleg copy. I'd report the problem to where you bought it and see if it's the whole batch (in which case, get your money back) or if it's just your copy (in which case, exchange it for another copy).

Yeah I might send them a message. When I turn the volume up a bit I can't hear it. Going to listen to it on a different CD player to make sure.