WATCHTOWER Control & Resistance reissue

Interesting. I read an interview with Away from about a year ago that suggested that Voivod was moving forward with the reissue campaign they'd had planned when Sanctuary went tits up about five years ago, but there hasn't been any info about it since then. I can see Universal wanting to hold onto the albums by Noise's better-known artists (Helloween, Gamma Ray, Rage, Running Wild, Voivod), but I'm glad they're letting the lesser-known albums go to labels like yours, which care about them far more than a mega-label ever would.

Yes, i have heard the Voivod campaign has stalled for the time being. I personally would love to do Angel Rat.

LOL, do you really need to brag on every single thread about an advance song/album you've got to hear before other people? :lol: :devil:

Dude take the knot out of your panties. I'm not bragging about anything. Tribunal made a post about the band not releasing anything new, and I made a comment about its a shame seeing as the newer track I have (which isn't new new just not out on a new album) was awesome.

As matter of fact its the whiney ass posts like yours which is why I barely even promote my radio show here anymore.

I'll leave it at that before I wind up causing a ruckus, and getting Glenn pissed at me for speaking my mind about the mentality of many on this forum.

Dude take the knot out of your panties. I'm not bragging about anything. Tribunal made a post about the band not releasing anything new, and I made a comment about its a shame seeing as the newer track I have (which isn't new new just not out on a new album) was awesome.

As matter of fact its the whiney ass posts like yours which is why I barely even promote my radio show here anymore.

I'll leave it at that before I wind up causing a ruckus, and getting Glenn pissed at me for speaking my mind about the mentality of many on this forum.

You can't take a fucking joke, John? Jesus Christ, lighten the fuck up... Go chug a beer or something, and come back when you're calmer... :lol:

You can't take a fucking joke, John? Jesus Christ, lighten the fuck up... Go chug a beer or something, and come back when you're calmer... :lol:

I don't see it as a joke...I see it as taking a cheap shot, and I've grown tired of biting my tongue to keep things around here civil.

I never knew promoting bands, music, and stuff to get FANS/LISTENERS excited was so frowned upon around here.

You promote all the INTROMENTAL related stuff right? Is that "bragging" that you are working for them, or that you are just exposing the bands to an audience that might enjoy it?

With me its the same concept. I used to post about all the CD showcases and new music I continue to bring to my radio show every week but stopped on this forum because it was looked at as "bragging" or some other idiotic shit which is nonsense.

EDIT : Fuck it todays show has been promoted on the forum.

And to get back on track I had the Watchtower release on cassette which is why I was excited when I stumbled upon Dream theater "When Dreams And Days Unite" in Tape World at my local mall all those years ago! Watchtower was my introduction to Prog Metal!

I don't see it as a joke...I see it as taking a cheap shot, and I've grown tired of biting my tongue to keep things around here civil.

I never knew promoting bands, music, and stuff to get FANS/LISTENERS excited was so frowned upon around here.

Just like my radio show. I don't expect everyone to like it as it can be a bit extreme, and on the crazy side personality wise but never would I think that promoting bands, and LOSING MONEY to help bring these bands exposure and attention would get such a negative response from people that supposedly LOVE the non mainstream metal bands.

You promote all the INTROMENTAL related stuff right? Is that "bragging" that you are working for them, or that you are just exposing the bands to an audience that might enjoy it?

With me its the same concept. I used to post about all the CD showcases and new music I continue to bring to my show every week but stopped on this forum because it was looked at as "bragging" or some other idiotic shit which is nonsense.

EDIT : Fuck it todays show has been promoted on the forum.

*sigh* I won't even get into it with you... Take it as you will dude... If I wanted to go cheap, you'd really know. But hey, if the shoe fits...

And mind you, I see nothing wrong with your show. I actually find it rather fun when it gets "crazy" like you said. But again, whatever.

*sigh* I won't even get into it with you... Take it as you will dude... If I wanted to go cheap, you'd really know.

Oh don't hold back....I wanna see how "cheap" you can go. There isn't a damn thing you could say to take away the feeling I get when I do a show (unless you are insinuating getting personal). I would like to know what people really think of me so that when they come up to me at the festival and say "HI JOHN!" I can tell them to take a flying shit.

Let's not derail Tribunals awesome release thread anymore. You can either start a cheap shot Madman thread in the sub forum, or feel free to private message me to continue the discussion if you feel the need to.

Oh don't hold back....I wanna see how "cheap" you can go. There isn't a damn thing you could say to take away the feeling I get when I do a show (unless you are insinuating getting personal). I would like to know what people really think of me so that when they come up to me at the festival and say "HI JOHN!" I can tell them to take a flying shit.

PM.

Let's not derail Tribunals awesome release thread anymore. You can either start a cheap shot Madman thread in the sub forum, or feel free to private message me to continue the discussion if you feel the need to.

Agreed. Moving on.

Found this on youtube. Again shame this will never be released properly or any other songs they may have had in the can!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to know what people really think of me so that when they come up to me at the festival and say "HI JOHN!" I can tell them to take a flying shit.

I can never take a "flying shit". Airplane bathrooms scare the hell out of me! You truly are a "Metal Madman"

Didn't Jarzombek say he wanted Devin Townsend to be the new Watchtower singer? Would be cool but would never happen.

Record is a masterpiece imo.

Found this on youtube. Again shame this will never be released properly or any other songs they may have had in the can!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyCXRvwdFQk

I don't really want to get into the details around the Mathematics record that Ron J. has shared with me because i am not sure how public he wants it. But, The Size Of Matter is the only complete song recorded. The rest of the album only has one component recorded.

Although many good points have been made in this thread, it annoys me that posters just can't seem to get along.

Some people are just too goddam sensitive, I guess.

Watchtower rocks, though...!

Rock on!