INTROMENTAL announces Uniting the Powers of Metal 2011 East Coast Tour

Does it benefit you guys more if I buy a ticket through Ticketmaster or if I pay at the door the night of the show? I'd prefer not to give TM a 35% tip if I don't have to, but if there's some other factor I'm not considering I'm willing to reconsider.

Does it benefit you guys more if I buy a ticket through Ticketmaster or if I pay at the door the night of the show? I'd prefer not to give TM a 35% tip if I don't have to, but if there's some other factor I'm not considering I'm willing to reconsider.

Justin,

Most venues like to look a pre-sale numbers if tickets are made available prior to the show. It's tough because I have heard stories of venues pulling the plug on a show because pre-sales were low, even though there was a lot of people willing to show up and just purchase them at the door. We didn't set up the ticket sales through Ticketmaster (the venue did that). I understand and agree with your point 100%. Personally, I'd love to see good presale numbers, but I wouldn't blame you if you chose to buy it at the door. Just keep in mind the price at the door (day of show) sometimes ends up being higher than in advance. (such is the case with our New York show)

Justin,

Most venues like to look a pre-sale numbers if tickets are made available prior to the show. It's tough because I have heard stories of venues pulling the plug on a show because pre-sales were low, even though there was a lot of people willing to show up and just purchase them at the door. We didn't set up the ticket sales through Ticketmaster (the venue did that). I understand and agree with your point 100%. Personally, I'd love to see good presale numbers, but I wouldn't blame you if you chose to buy it at the door. Just keep in mind the price at the door (day of show) sometimes ends up being higher than in advance. (such is the case with our New York show)

Thanks for clarifying. Honestly I'd rather spend more at the door than give Ticketmaster any money, as long as that doesn't adversely impact the bands.

And that price is a bargain. Much lower than I expected. Hopefully people will come out for these shows, because you pretty much have to look at this tour as a test case for the whole scene and the level of support it's going to have going forward.

I think with the proper home town promotion it will be a good turnout.

I think that NYC, NC, VA and GA will all be awesome!!! Its going to take people, just plain out, getting off their asses in Florida though if those dates are to be successful. This state has a reputation to overlook anything that isn't a national show no matter how much time and promotion are spent, and then, even still....Plain and simple, These type of tours will never happen if they are not supported and lovingly embraced by the metal communities.

I'm hoping that we will see any and all of the Florida Based guys and all previous Florida Powerfest attendees on this forum there at one of them! All the bands and everyone involved is, has and will be, spending lots of time and money to get this to happen for all of you, the fans.

Come on there is TWO FL dates on EACH side of the state!!! and plenty on the east coast. Get some friends together, carpool, and make a weekend/night out of it. Gas is split and so is your room! Hell keep a bottle of whiskey in the car and SPLIT THAT TOO!!!!

Id like to see if those Skyliner guys would come out... I'd like to meet them!

Awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at the New York and the Jaxx show. Should be a blast. Make sure to drag every single one of your friends possible.

Also, to the New York/New England area fans... stay tuned for another killer show announcement very soon!

Awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at the New York and the Jaxx show. Should be a blast. Make sure to drag every single one of your friends possible.

Also, to the New York/New England area fans... stay tuned for another killer show announcement very soon!

A Boston area show would be killer, I was planning on going to NYC, but after getting laidoff from my job two weeks ago, it's going to be tougher now to make the trip.

A Boston area show would be killer, I was planning on going to NYC, but after getting laidoff from my job two weeks ago, it's going to be tougher now to make the trip.

you should bribe a bunch of Massachusetts people to go. I know a few people that would want to go but they are also located there... maybe if we can get you guys together, one of them can even drive you!

Justin,

Yes, and Jaxx WILL do that for sure (I have seen it happen) I'm sure other clubs would do the same thing.

you should bribe a bunch of Massachusetts people to go. I know a few people that would want to go but they are also located there... maybe if we can get you guys together, one of them can even drive you!

I already have a place to crash, my main concern is the gas money, but I should still be able to make it!

Most definitely. This is common practice for middle sized (and up) venues. The risk of people not showing up and the club / promoter losing more money greatly outweighs any probability of a mad rush at the door resulting in making money.

Rick Pierpoint said:
Yes, and Jaxx WILL do that for sure (I have seen it happen) I'm sure other clubs would do the same thing.

See??

So.. Justin... Advance tickets are looking good then. ;) :lol:

Pre-sales are usually an indicator of what final turnout will be. Most clubs understand if it's a show that isn't supposed to sell out advance tickets are a good indicator of how the door with turn out on day of show.

yes, some clubs cancel shows on lack of advance ticket sales but those are usually for big shows where there is a large guarantee at stake and if they are getting no advance sales they don't want to risk losing their ass the day of the show.

f*** ticketmaster, day of show at the door is your best bet.

Fair enough. My ticket has been purchased. :headbang:

Did I read right that you'll be at the Jaxx show? I'd like to say hello in person.

Haha, you're the man. It's a possibility, yes. If I do make it to Jaxx, we'll sure to connect, and the beer is on me. Worst case scenario, we'll take care of that in Atlanta.

THANK YOU for the support man. It's much appreciated! :)

Unfortunately, you aren't just f**ling TicketMaster. You are really f**king smaller bands that are booked at clubs, where the clubs don't really know how well the band will draw, but they are willing to take their chances. Many clubs force bands to see advance tickets as one way to guarantee some sort of turn out. If they don't force band ticket sales and are willing to take a chance, they will MOST DEFINITELY pull the plug if they are feeling that the night will be a bust. A lack of presales is their only way of measuring draw at that point, so if the y don't see them, they are not expecting miracles at the door. With the economy the way it is, clubs are more cautious than ever. Based on the fact that there are no heavy hitters in this lineup, if you want to improve the chance of the show not getting canceled, I would strongly recommend purchasing the tickets NOW. ESPECIALLY Jaxx!

And for the record, I HATE TicketMaster too. Honestly, the best bet for ANY show that is at a small to medium sized club is to contact a local opener and see if they have tickets to sell. This achieves a few things:
- it generates presales
- it helps the local band get recognition for selling tickets
- you save money on tickets (by not paying TM fees)
- TicketMaster is left out of the cash flow.

If you are wondering where I'm coming up with this information, I have played extensively around the Mid-Atlantic region for almost 25 years and I have played venues from Boston to Atlanta to San Fransisco. I have seen all of this first hand.

Unfortunately, you aren't just f**ling TicketMaster. You are really f**king smaller bands that are booked at clubs, where the clubs don't really know how well the band will draw, but they are willing to take their chances. Many clubs force bands to see advance tickets as one way to guarantee some sort of turn out. If they don't force band ticket sales and are willing to take a chance, they will MOST DEFINITELY pull the plug if they are feeling that the night will be a bust. A lack of presales is their only way of measuring draw at that point, so if the y don't see them, they are not expecting miracles at the door. With the economy the way it is, clubs are more cautious than ever. Based on the fact that there are no heavy hitters in this lineup, if you want to improve the chance of the show not getting canceled, I would strongly recommend purchasing the tickets NOW. ESPECIALLY Jaxx!

And for the record, I HATE TicketMaster too. Honestly, the best bet for ANY show that is at a small to medium sized club is to contact a local opener and see if they have tickets to sell. This achieves a few things:
- it generates presales
- it helps the local band get recognition for selling tickets
- you save money on tickets (by not paying TM fees)
- TicketMaster is left out of the cash flow.

If you are wondering where I'm coming up with this information, I have played extensively around the Mid-Atlantic region for almost 25 years and I have played venues from Boston to Atlanta to San Fransisco. I have seen all of this first hand.

i too am not pulling information out of my ass. between 2005-2009 my band (killwhitneydead) headlined 2 months each summer across the entire U.S. and were booked by Dave Shapiro at The Agency Group. so i completely understand how the industry works from a band/tour managers perspective, but i doubt this tour has a massive guarantee the club owners are sweating.

the venue could also use several other means of selling advance tickets like eTickets, etc besides using TM, who suck.

also, i won't even get started on locals selling tickets to play. it's the biggest scam going now in the industry and i hate it for the younger bands.

i too am not pulling information out of my ass. between 2005-2009 my band (killwhitneydead) headlined 2 months each summer across the entire U.S. and were booked by Dave Shapiro at The Agency Group. so i completely understand how the industry works from a band/tour managers perspective, but i doubt this tour has a massive guarantee the club owners are sweating.

the venue could also use several other means of selling advance tickets like eTickets, etc besides using TM, who suck.

also, i won't even get started on locals selling tickets to play. it's the biggest scam going now in the industry and i hate it for the younger bands.
I have no doubt. In fact, except for your final statement about buying tickets at the door, we were agreeing on everything else. Pretty cool that you got to tour the US every summer. And I agree, I'm sure the guarantee is minimal. They are sweating the overhead it takes to open the club and staff for the night.

Yes, they could. Not sure why so many venues use TM, I guess they must make it easy on them.

Believe me, I (as well as the others in my band) hate it too. The worst part is how so many people don't get that the bands are "forced" to do this and don't like to do it either. Instead, they seem to get annoyed and think you're trying to scam them or something. Unfortunately, it seems to be the norm in this area. :-( And the pressure one gets from Jaxx is pretty unreal. Don't sell the quota they set for you and be prepared for one hell of an ass chewing and don't expect to play there again.