Question about "Live At The Fillmore"

slashvanyoung

Dopefish lives!
Jul 18, 2006
Germany
Hey guys,

I've been putting on that record today for the first time in a kazillion years and in the past I never really noticed how much reverb they put on Chuck's vocals (listen to Practice... for example).

So, does anyone know if they overdubbed the vocals in the studio? Because it sounds a lot like they did that...

It doesn't really matter (everyone knows Chuck is rock-solid live) but it's just one of those little details that keep bothering you until you find out.

So if anyone knows, drop me a line! :kickass:

Yes, after Max left the band Chuck asked for doing the job (i read it at the german ROCKHARD magazine ) but they wanted someone unkown.

Very bad for Sepultura, very good for Testament and for us. On the other hand, Chuck would have probably got even more fame, Sepultura wouldn't have become a mediocre band..and perhaps Chuck wouldn't have had to resign from singing in Testament (knowing how "active" they were in the recent decade). Chuck wrote lyrics and sent a demo tape to a song they had sent him (would be great to hear it and the "Refuse/Resist" cover too). I don't know what song it was and whether it made the next Sep album or not (maybe DE will remember). How they could choose anyone else is beyond me.

Trying to get in Sepultura... wasnt that kind of stabbing Eric in the back?
Not really:
1. Look at the dates. Testament was pretty much on hold (and even disbanded for a while) those days (Dog faced gods)
2. Like I said before, that wouldn't have necessarily had to mean leaving Testament
3. Can you actually imagine Eric and Chuck partying their ways or stabbing each other in the back? They're musical brothers and I think Eric knew about it.
4. These were hard times for metal music in general and if Testament was about to go on a hiatus due to organizational problems (labels, members etc.), metal world needed another great band and couldn't afford to waste Chuck's voice..:)

If i remember correct the name o fthe song was CHOKE. What about the idea Peterson and Billy joined SEPULTURA, because Max played also ryhtmen (spelling?) guitar. Kisser is a bad ass guitarrist and Igor a damn good drummer. For that time where TESTAMENT was at hiatus i think it would have been fit perfectly. But now i glad thinks did not happened, because Alex und Greg are back!:kickass:

Too bad "Roots" was an abomination of an album and almost everything after too. Chuck's ass is meant to be in Testament (and DDP)!