Question About Solos

The Bringer

Dec 8, 2003
British Columbia, Canada
So I was listening to Virus and since I decided I am going to become more atune with Hypocrisy I was reading the booklet along with the album. I noticed that not every song has a solo. Now is this new with Hypocrisy? I know the albums Abducted, Penetalia, Catch 22, The Arrival and Virus quite well but I'd have to go back and listen to each song to remember if they all have solos.

Is it just this latest album that is lacking solos in some songs? It's making me abit worried if that is the case.

I understand that, but what if Hypocrisy just quit doing solos all together? Atleast the music still kicks ass. I noticed (I believe it's) 'Incised Before I've Ceased' doesn't have a solo but man it fucking kicks ass. Peter could easily drop the solos and make a half-assed album like 'St. Anger'. ehhh... That's not even half-assed. Quarter-assed album.

every song on virus is constructed as it should be

I never played a song and thought 'damn, where was the solo' it just sounded right.

I don't care if all their old songs had solos either, I just like them when they're good, they don't -need- to be there always.

tag and company puts solo's in where they can go and need to be. thats pretty much all there is to say about it. if there is a killer rhythm riff that a killer solo could fit over, then they'll do it, if not they don't. (at least anymore)
dammit Hypocrisy come to fuckin PA

LOL! I AGREE! Solos don't need to be in a song if it sounds right. I am asking if they have other songs that are off older albums that don't have solos in them!

I love every song off Virus, I think it's one of the most complete releases of the year. It's perfect. There is no point in squeezing a solo in because you think you should.

I just love to listen to solos.

geez quit givin the guy a hard time, lots of times solo's save a song from being completely bland and boring

Jesus Christ can you all read? He asked if they used to play the same amount of solos as now HE DIDN'T SAY THEY SHOULD BE DOING MORE THEN THEY ARE!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!