Question for Boston people...

The Dope

Hi.
Sep 19, 2002
Virginia
Visit site
Ok, so my friend Fred from Westford was telling me just now at lunch that one time in Boston he saw what basically amounted to a head with arms sitting in an electric wheelchair. He said it was the most shocking and perplexing thing he'd ever seen, but he was having trouble actually describing what he saw because of the absurdity/tragedy of it.

So have any of you seen a head sitting on a wheelchair wheeling around Boston? I told him I'd ask, to see if we could get any verification.

omg that's nuts seriously my brother IL swears after a lecture at MIT he left and saw a head with like just shoulders and arms. maybe it was the same person. he still talks about it whenever he smokes weed or takes mushrooms.

bask1.jpg

my BIL didn't take a job at bose and once when he was all wasted he said it was because of the 'head and arm thing' but he didn't want to talk about it.

that's reallllllly weird that i even remember him talking about it. especially since my sister now says he refuses to ever talk about it anymore! the head/arm thing!

When my friend started talking about it, it took a few minutes for him to actually describe what he saw because he had to fight through what seemed to be a combination of laughing and crying.

It's one of those things you don't know how to take, because it sounds so absurd, and the fact that it apparently is reality for someone is so difficult to fathom.

same with matt. he's a straight laced normal guy. i dont think he could really handle that he saw "it". he said one of thier friends that saw it with them says they never saw "it" and denies it entirely.

my co-worker hasn't seen it, but she did see a show once where this exact thing happened. a guy was riddled with cancer, and they offered him the option of losing everything below his shoulders and he...took it.

Your search - "bodiless head on a wheelchair" - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:
- Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
- Try different keywords.
- Try more general keywords.​
Also, you can try Google Answers for expert help with your search

xfer said:
my co-worker hasn't seen it, but she did see a show once where this exact thing happened. a guy was riddled with cancer, and they offered him the option of losing everything below his shoulders and he...took it.
I honestly have trouble understanding how somebody can remain alive with so many of their vital organs missing! Like, breathing, pumping blood, digesting food... these things aren't important anymore? It would seem like you'd have to be hooked up to an elaborate life support system 24/7 and wouldn't be able to go driving around Boston in your wheelchair.

my guess is that the person has their entire lower body cavity intact but that it just appears that they do not by how they are positioned?