Question for C1 Hellraiser owners

KnifeVariable

quite a douchebag
Dec 18, 2005
Slovenia
I finally have a chance to buy one (fixed bridge) but I'm curious if any of the guys who own it had any issues with intonation when tuned to B using big gauges (65+) given its 25.5" scale... I'm asking because the C7 has a 26.5" scale which should be more suitable for such low tunings, right?
Thanks, any feedback appreciated.

edit: just to make it clear, I'm currently using an LTD EC-400 (24.75") tuned to B with .068 gauges and anything above the 4th fret sounds beyond nightmarish!

Cool DSS3, that's what I was hoping to hear!

Haha I saw that movie, yes, but that was Slovakia, not Slovenia (you were going for this, right?) :)

Mine is tuned to B.... I use a .70 and the saddle has just enough adjustment to get it to tune perfect.

Got it today, wonderful guitar in so many aspects, words fails me... BUT(!!!!) the .068 gauges are too thick to fit in the nut! How did you guys amend this? The stock strings (I'm guessing .052) barely fit in. Any suggestions?

The stock strings are 10-46.

I usually take a small bit of sand paper, and run it through to make the groove bigger. Then, wrap a finer grit around the string itself, and widen it that way.

That's what I was considering doing Gnash. I did sandpaper the nut on my LTD though and it was a disaster because of this infamous family trait know as "surgeon hands" - my hands shake very very much, any fine work I attempt end up in tears :)

B standard, why do you ask?

Gnash thats kinda funny because I do the same thing sometimes. I actually have the proper files to do it, but its so much easier to just use the string.