Question for Matt (concerning first CD)

Shimrra

Sep 19, 2007
First of all, I'd like to say that god has blessed you with your musical talent. I'm really excited for Mirror of Souls.

I really liked the first album as well, but it always bothered me that the drumming was kinda, you know, monotonous. Would it be possible for you to supply me the entire first album without the drum tracks?
I'd be very willing to pay the price of a full album, because then I can play along to it and finally have the drums sound like I would like them to. Besides, I need to work on my drumming creativity a bit and not always just play what other drummers invented.

Matt would have to dig out the multitrack session, remove the drums and remix to 2 track. What you would get is an un-mastered mix and that might take a considerable amount of time, especially when Matt used different equipment than he presently uses.

The drums in the first album were done all by Matt using a drum machine and I personally think he did a great job considering the limitations involved.

It can be done but considering Matt is probably quite busy working out new songs, he would not have the time to do this. I could be wrong though, Matt has always gone above and beyond to help people out.

Well I don't really have any idea how much time it would take, I thought it was just a matter of taking the multitrack thingy and removing the drums, then saving it as an mp3 or something. And what is 'mastering', anyway?
In any case, if it's that much work it isn't worth it, but if it's simple I would certainly appreciate it.

Wow, that would be nice to hear, the "drumless takes" ^^, and what I'd really enjoy are acoustic versions of the songs, so if anyone's thinking of recording any covers, be sure to let me know!

I don't know much about recording, but from what I've picked up from the musicians I've been around, this is not a simple request at all. With how busy things are for the band (and will be once the new album hits), don't be surprised when he has to say No.

DASHER OF HOPES, RETURN TO YOUR DARK ABYSS NEVER TO RETURN TO THE DAYLIGHT AGAIN, SO LONG AS SUN LIGHTS OUR DAYS AND MOON LIGHTS OUR NIGHTS!!!

:)p)