Question for Revalver HP owners

_Protoss_

Crossing The Rubicon
Oct 1, 2008
Hi All!
I'm considering to purchase the Revalver HP version since I only use the peavey amps in the revalver demo, but I have a few cuestions.

1) In this version can I bypass the revalver cabinets? (obviously to load my own impulses in another program like space designer)

2) I know I can not change the internal settings but, it is noticeable determinant the input voltage??? perhaps, this was corrected in the version hp????...since the input voltage leves in the demo was so low.

Hope you guys can advice me!

Greetings!

1) I don't know if you can disable it via delete module. I hear you can't load your own into it.
2) I not sure what you mean. But it does make a big difference.

In short get the better version.

Don't get HP unless you just want to jam on it. You cannot load your own impulses into the impulse module, you can just elect to not use their module and use another plug-in to load impulses though. However, you are an a Mac so the options for freeware are almost nonexistent. Since you have Boot Camp I'm assuming you run Windows or you at least have the option to. If you do everything in Windows you can take advantage of the few freeware impulse plugs like Boogex, Kefir, etc. The tweakability is a MAJOR feature for ReValver and IMO is a must-have if you want to try and do anything other than jamming with it. MKIII can be used for serious projects, IMO, but you must be able to tweak it, it's basically useless without the tweak options.

~006

Ok so, my first question seems like its not a problem, because i would use
SPACE DESIGNER in Logic for load impulses.

But my second question was oriented to the Input Voltage, because, i read that the input voltage was pretty much important to get a good tone in revalver...so, seems to nobody is buying this version.

I think i have to start to save some money :Smug:

Thanx for your replies guys!

(And as always, I apologize for my awful English)

I don't think the missing input voltage is that big a deal.
But, I have to put something in front of it like a ts or tss vst, though I usually use the 6505 on the green channel.
I wouldn't say the missing tweakability makes it useless, but I really only like a few settings I've made.

Well, nothing better than a real TS, like a TS7 :)

I'm still confused :zombie:

Regards!

Don't buy the HP. You really need the voltage slider. Some of the amps like the Flathill are set way too low at default. I think the default is set to .200, and I usually set it to 1.5! There's also a lot of other stuff in the full version you'll want to tweak once you've become familiar with it.

Buyer beware when the price is so low, you know you're getting screwed somehow.

I have had the HP version for about one week and i am already thinking of upgrading it to full version. I don't like the fact that i have to use an external plug for impulses and i also want to tweak the amps since i don't get them to sound exactly the way i want. And another thing... i am really missing the signal splitter and to be able to use two cab's. That was one of the things i liked when first running the demo version.

So as soon as i can afford the upgrade i will buy it.

Whoah, just used the splitter and loaded two impulse modules into it with two different impulses blended 50/50. Sounds awesome :headbang:

~006

Whoah, just used the splitter and loaded two impulse modules into it with two different impulses blended 50/50. Sounds awesome :headbang:

~006

That was one of the things i played around with in the demo version and i could not even imagine that they would remove the "signal splitter" feature from the HP version. But they fucken did.

Peavey has not exactly specified what comes along or not in the HP version.
:mad:

Dlimi said:
And another thing... i am really missing the signal splitter and to be able to use two cab's.
You can do that with two instances of Boogex too.

FWIW, I have noticed RIR in Rev mk II is better than the one in mk III, or am I going mad. :loco:

What kind of signal splitter are you using then? I don't want two impulses after each other if that what you mean. I am using OSX / Logic so i am not using boogex but "space designer" or "LAConvolver"

It might be the stupid way to go about it, but what I do is I just create two mono tracks into my DAW (Cubase or whatever), load Boogex onto each track (or "space designer" or "LAConvolver"), then load a different impulse into each instance of Boogex. You can then blend to taste with the channel volume or pan to your preference.

The disadvantage to this method is having to record each performance onto 2 tracks simultaneously. :( Or record to one track but then you have to duplicate the track. Stupid, but I can't think of a workaround. Perhaps messing with busses can help.