Question for Rob

-=YGRAMUL=-

The Silent Man
Feb 13, 2003
Mainz (Germany)
www.ygramul.de
Hi there. I´m currently saving some money to buy me a new bass after playing 4 years on a crappy fender copy. I want to spent about 800 € (~$) on it.
My actually favourit is Ibanez, but i still don´t know if i should buy a 4 or a 5 string :(

Here my favourites:

0020613.jpg

(Ibanez EDB 605)

0018640.jpg

(Ibanez EDB 500)

I think i mostly play metal, but i want a good allround bass.

I would be happy about any answers!!

I used to have an Ibanez Ergodyne (4-string) and was not happy with it at all. The neck was curved and bent more and more each month! Up to a point where it was impossible to tune properly. Had to sell it...

But then, I should stick to drumming :)

Why don't you go for a Conklin Groove Tool? A 5 string.
Those are very affordable, sound awesome, and are certainly suitable for allround playing.
http://www.conklinguitars.com/grvetour/grvetour3.html

Dennis (not a bassplayer, but always interested in gear)

Hi YGRAMUL,

Personally I'm not an Ibanez fan....
Just like Dennis said, the Groove Tools are great instruments for a nice price. But unfortunately you'll have to save a little bit more money for such basses.
Another good option is Warwick. They make excellent 5 string basses wich are powerful and have a warm and punchy sound.
But if you ever get the chance to go to NAMM or MusikMesse(I don't know from wich country you are) you'll have to try the Groove Tools maybe you will be convinced! :)

Regards,

Rob

Originally posted by Redelijk
. The neck was curved and bent more and more each month! Up to a point where it was impossible to tune properly. Had to sell it...

What happened to the guy (or gal) you sold it to? He or she is probably looking for a way to get back at you. So watch out.

The Ibanez guitars are fine by the way. Don't know much about the basses. But this question was for Rob, so I will leave that thing alone.

Originally posted by keeper of the flame
What happened to the guy (or gal) you sold it to? He or she is probably looking for a way to get back at you. So watch out.

The Ibanez guitars are fine by the way. Don't know much about the basses. But this question was for Rob, so I will leave that thing alone.
I sold the bass to a store. Kept my mouth shut about the neck, but they didn't notice. So I concider them stupid, and myself lucky :D Didn't get much for it though...

Indeed, Ibanez' guitars rock (Marcel has an endorsement with Ibanez!).
But the basses... I don't know :)

Dennis

Thanx for you answer Rob. Somehow i expected you to recomed me Groove Tools Basses ;) But i don´t have so much money :( Don´t you sell a used one? ;)

I wanted to visit the MusikMesse, I hope i have the chance to tests some brands there (I think I´ll have *g*).