Question for Val and/or Matt

guitr4God

Sep 10, 2010
Hey guys, maybe some of you other guys can help me too. I'm working on a instrumental, guitar focused album (like Val's Waves of Steel for example) and its not done yet, but I'm thinking ahead and wondering what the best way to get it released on itunes and such without being on a label and spending money on getting it produced with physical copies (cuz I don't think anyone would buy it that way yet :loco:) I've been looking into different options on the internet, but I figured I should ask the pros ;)

Get a good local rep up. Followed up by heavy promoting. Find dedicated people to work with you and make sure you start a music page of some sort w recordings (myspace, purevolume, etc, etc). This way you can keep up with your fans. I hope this gives you a bit of direction :)

Get a good local rep up. Followed up by heavy promoting. Find dedicated people to work with you and make sure you start a music page of some sort w recordings (myspace, purevolume, etc, etc). This way you can keep up with your fans. I hope this gives you a bit of direction :)

sounds like a plan! thanks man!

how would you recommend going about promoting it though? I've thougth of putting one of those facebook ads out, but i'm not sure how many people acutally pay attention to that kind of stuff :p

guitr4God said:
how would you recommend going about promoting it though? I've thougth of putting one of those facebook ads out, but i'm not sure how many people acutally pay attention to that kind of stuff :p

Nobody. Handing out free samplers is probably more efficient.

agreed on the nobody part...man you're outta luck, just don't lose your love for the music if you get bummed out

Like I said man, really push for the whole getting a lot of your friends involved thing with the process because they can make the music spread like plague, which is the idea. Just make sure you deal with trustworthy people that know what they're doing and you should be golden!

alright thanks everyone! and aletheus, music will have to kill me to make me stop loving it :p

off subject, but I'm guitar4god's brother, so I can do that :p

anyway, Val/Matt/all the other epic members of the band, since I'm your biggest fan, you're gonna give me a free copy of the cd...right?:)

you know there is an entire thread dedicated to "off topic" right? keep those comments there

Hey, Theocracy members, Is there gonna be a pre-order deal for the CD? Like, 'pre-order the CD, get a free T-shirt' or something? I would LOVE being a walking Theocracy advertisement!:loco: