Question on pro cd-rs

Everyone gave me gruff for releasing a cassette, and i don't care i like it. And there will be more in the future :)

But anyways, if i was to release something on pro-cdr would anyone actually buy it? Would only be demos or eps and the price for them wouldn't exceed $7.

Whats everyone think?

I seriously don't get the issue.
For you people who defend that Digital is the best, how would a CDR sonically differ from a silver CD?
I guess maybe the issue is just the look.

I think it is great for a demo, or a band issued release.

Before they reissued their classic albums on ESCAPI, and when there was no TROUBLE CD legally in print, the band self released various CDRs of Live shows.
I have all of them and they are some of my favorite pieces of my collection.

I guess I think its cool since I have always been more of a DIY guy.

Here is a pic of some of my TROUBLE stuff where you can see some band released CDRs, as well as a DVD-R.
Fall2007105.jpg

I seriously don't get the issue.
For you people who defend that Digital is the best, how would a CDR sonically differ from a silver CD?
I guess maybe the issue is just the look.

I think it is great for a demo, or a band issued release.

Before they reissued their classic albums on ESCAPI, and when there was no TROUBLE CD legally in print, the band self released various CDRs of Live shows.
I have all of them and they are some of my favorite pieces of my collection.

I guess I think its cool since I have always been more of a DIY guy.

I personally have no issues buying a pro cd-r, and have a few in my collection. They're all mainly self-released things. When i released my album with Paralyzer 2 years ago it was on pro cd-r, and we only charged $5 for it. $5 for a full length is a great deal on any format id you ask me.

I think the issue people have with it (and i have this same issue as well) is when a band is charging a $12 price for an album that is pro cd-r instead of a silver cd. That's when i get pissed when i pay $12 for a cd, it gets here and its pro cd-r and they never even mentioned that. Thats why i would keep it at $7 or less, and to demos only.

I think you are fine. Advertise it as such and there wont be an issue. If it is demo stuff or EP's I am fine with it.

Amazon has these Demon CD's that are official but CDr and you cant tell the difference. Seriously...if anyone saw the package and disc...you would not think they are not the official release.

I stand behind you on this one Mikey.

I personally have no issues buying a pro cd-r, and have a few in my collection. They're all mainly self-released things. When i released my album with Paralyzer 2 years ago it was on pro cd-r, and we only charged $5 for it. $5 for a full length is a great deal on any format id you ask me.

I think the issue people have with it (and i have this same issue as well) is when a band is charging a $12 price for an album that is pro cd-r instead of a silver cd. That's when i get pissed when i pay $12 for a cd, it gets here and its pro cd-r and they never even mentioned that. Thats why i would keep it at $7 or less, and to demos only.

Right. As long as the band is honest about what the product is (Banshee, anyone?) and fair about pricing (hello, Warrior Soul), I don't have an issue. The collector in me will always prefer a "proper" CD release though.

KVLT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3540311956_photo.jpg

Sooo KVLT right there...haha I wanna restart that band so much but we both dont have the time right now cuz of school and we never get anything done in summer.

Bob stands behind me on this one, wow! Im glad this was documented online! ;)

Well since people tend to like the idea of this maybe ill do a release on pro cd-r, demos and eps only of course. I have a few bands in mind.

I hope you keep doing cassettes man because I love 'em. I just like looking at them. I want to tuck them into bed with me and love them gently.

Don't worry cassette will still come, i love demo tapes so hang on for those! One band in mind has a demo tape coming out through another label so i was thinking of putting it out on cd.

South Suburban? Nah we west suburbs, you know we are classy kids from DuPage County ;) that pic was takin on a hot summer day in front of our old grade school haha at least we have underground thrash shirts on and not metallica