Question to SDG about 3fingertechnic

-bloody-

New Metal Member
Apr 17, 2010
Hey Guys, hey Steve,

Do you have any tut or any help to play with 3fingertechnic? you play with a very fast speed, i will learn this :)

Thanks

hey steve,

i´m not a bass player but i´ve got an additional question:
how do you keep the string from ringing when you´re playing the fast galooping riffs (3-notes - two sixteenth and one eighth) to achieve that percussive sound known from guitars (palm mute)?
i think it´s too difficult to palm mute the strings when you are playing with fingers, or am i wrong?

---
is it true that there is a new control denied record to be released this year?

cheers:kickass:

hey steve,

i´m not a bass player but i´ve got an additional question:
how do you keep the string from ringing when you´re playing the fast galooping riffs (3-notes - two sixteenth and one eighth) to achieve that percussive sound known from guitars (palm mute)?
i think it´s too difficult to palm mute the strings when you are playing with fingers, or am i wrong?

---
is it true that there is a new control denied record to be released this year?

cheers:kickass:

TO YOU caused Devil. if you pick very close to the bridge you can get a percussing sounds and you can use your pinky on the string while usuing 3 fingers to mute it somwhat (its hard)

and do the maker of this thread
What eve ryou feel confortable with just MAKE SURE its on TEMPO!!! thats the hardest part with 3 finger picking

I chose the 3-2-1 3-2-1 for galloping and the 3-2-1-2-3-2-1-2-3 for speed 3 finger picking, i dont use my 3rd finger much except in sweeping and stuff
because i can get my 2 fingers moving fast enough for most song

hope that helped, I AM NOT SDG im just trying to help you guys get an idea hopefully :headbang:

You can mute the ringing of the strings by lightly lifting the note under your left fingers. Or lightly touch the strings with the fingers in front of the one fretting the note. I believe muting is a little over rated, you'll notice what I mean when your mixing under the guitar. Sometimes a little fuller, fatter note than the short staccato notes of the higher instruments is what makes the sound thicker. But if muting is totally necessary, try it with your fretting hand in different ways.

As far as the "three finger technique", I mean, try to master all patterns, all fingers. Just make each note as strong as the one before it and keep the rhythm of it precise to what you are playing to. There is no three finger technique really, it's all about just keeping up and keeping strong. Use what you can the best you can.

I know I wrote that lesson column on a three finger example. But I'm trying to work on a follow up to it that has multiple finger techniques going on. I have never been locked in to one style or technique, no one should. It's limiting that way. In a basic statement, speed comes from practicing over and over and trying to build up a little faster at a time. It doesn't seem like progress is being made for a while, but it is, just bump up the metronome everyday little by little and you'll be S.Gonzalez in due time.

SDG