Questionaire I made for us

Picture of me is in my profile

Name?
Jeremy

Where your from?
New York

Describe why you like Vintersorg.
Something about the music just draws me to it. The musicianship is top notch. The music is very tasteful, dignified and full of artistic integrity.

When you got into them?
About a year and a half ago. I knew he sings in Borknagar and I checked the music out. It reminded me a little of Ulver meets Borknagar.

Favourite Vintersorg lyric?
Too many to list. I love his lyrics.

Make a dream band from members of different bands (BTW only one Mr V related person allowed to make things a bit more interesting ).
King Diamond on vocals,
Chuck Schuldiner (if that was possible, this is a dream band after all) on vocals and guitars,
Vintersorg on vocals,
Andy LaRocque, Michael Denner and Scott Mosher on guitars,
Richard Christy and Mikkey Dee on drums,
Steve DiGeorgio (I'm using Steve for his work in Death), Steve Harris and Joey DiMaio on bass
Stian Aarstad on keyboards if I was going to have any. All would share songwriting duties.

Best Concert you've been to?
King Diamond with Nile and Behemoth opening. That was fucking killer. Black Dhalia Murder were alright, but nowhere near as good as Nile and Behemoth who were nowhere near as jaw dropping as the King's performance.

How often do you go to concerts?
Not too often in Detroit. Hopefully I'll be able to get to NY by August 13 so I can see Venom! I'm so pissed I missed Emperor.

When you got into metal?
Like 3, 4 years ago. When Loud was still on MuchMusicUSA

Other Genres you like?
Jazz, clasical, opera, dub, new age, flamenco, acoustic, even a little trance if it's tasteful.

Favourite non metal bands?
Sub Oslo, not really too many bands, more like musicians or composers

Do you Play an instrument?
I used to play guitar when I was a kid but that doesn't count anymore. I can play some drums (pretty badly) though

Are you in a band?
No. Was never really interested in being in one either.

How many cds do you own?
Who knows, me no know how count

Do alot of your friends listen to the same stuff as you?
None of my friends are metalheads. Most of them listen to shit like Linkin Park and Korn. I never even dated a metalhead unfortunately

What stuff are you currently getting into?
I don't understand the question. I love those herbal digestive liquors like Underberg or Unicum. I started to get into those recently if that's what you mean.

Favourite bands?
It would take me waaaaayyyyy too long to list.
Mercyful Fate/King Diamond and Death/Control Denied are my absolute favorite bands. I also love Borknagar, Dimmu Borgir, Vintersorg, Opeth, Melechesh, Immortal, Scott Mosher, Darkthrone, Amorphis, Venom, Celtic Frost, Watchtower/Spastic Ink, Eidolon, Loch Vostok, Amon Amarth, Manowar, Bathory, Emperor, Enochian Crescent etc. etc.
I listen to heavy, prog, tech, a little power (just a little since many of the bands sound like pansies), thrash, melo-death, death, black, folk, viking in metal. If it ends with core, I hate it. Except for Carcass and if Bolt Thrower and very early Amorphis (The Karelian Isthmus and some of the riffs in Tales) are considered grind.

In closing,
DEATH TO EMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Death to false metal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Support Music, Not Rumors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha nice topic :D

Name? - azzor
Where your from? - The Hague, Holland
Describe why you like Vintersorg. - you know why
When you got into them? - in autumn 2001
Favourite Vintersorg lyric? - Norrland, Cosmic Genesis, Curtains.
Make a dream band from members of different bands (BTW only one Mr V related person allowed to make things a bit more interesting ). - tough one... Mr. V, Angus Young (ac/dc), Abbath (immortal), Asgeir, Ola Flink (soilwork) <- lol i know this doesnt make any sense..
Best Concert you've been to? - AC/DC, 2000
How often do you go to concerts? - once a month or so. including local small bands.
When you got into metal? - early 2000
Other Genres you like? - rock, reggae
Favourite non metal bands? - AC/DC, Monkees, Bob Marley. and a lot more
Do you Play an instrument? - no
Are you in a band? - no
How many cds do you own? - 60-70
Do alot of your friends listen to the same stuff as you? - not really, a few do.
What stuff are you currently getting into? - low-cholesterol butter, non-flavored toothpaste. dude wtf do you mean..?
Favourite bands? - too many... everything Vintersorg/Borknagar related, lots of (hard) rock ('n roll), few punk and reggae

that's about it, i suppose.

570739946_l.jpg
Take a wild guess which one is me. :lol:

Name? - Lowell
Where your from? - Belize City, Belize; Central America
Describe why you like Vintersorg. - The best thing thats happened to music in a very long time. Truly a blessing to us all that love and appreciate him.
When you got into them? - A couple years ago but I dont know exactly when.
Favourite Vintersorg lyric? - The stars are the molecules in the next dimension.
Make a dream band from members of different bands (BTW only one Mr V related person allowed to make things a bit more interesting ). - well...hmmm...Ron Jarzombek and Steve Vai on guitars, Sean Malone on bass, Mr. V or Mystis on keys, Gene Hoglan or Sean Reinert on drums and, of course, Mr. V and Carmelo should harmonize the shit outta everything on vocals.
Best Concert you've been to? - Dimmu Borgir 2002
How often do you go to concerts? - Use to go to them a lot but since I moved back to Belize, I'm lucky if I even catch a video!
When you got into metal? - from i was like 13 or so...so thats about 1990ish
Other Genres you like? - Reggae, Old School Rap, Jazz/Fusion, D&B, and good ol' rock and roll.
Favourite non metal bands? - Jaco Pastorius, Victor Wooten, Gordian Knot, Buju Banton, Bob Marley, Shabba Ranks, Bone:Thugs 'n Harmony, 2 Pac, Outkast, Optical, Alpha Omega, Steve Vai, shit...so much more!!!
Do you Play an instrument? - yep, the bass geetar
Are you in a band? - yep, Of The Fallen
How many cds do you own? - well over 200
Do alot of your friends listen to the same stuff as you? - naw, just a few
What stuff are you currently getting into? - chicks panties
Favourite bands? Mr. V and ALL related bands!! And the rest is way too much to list on here! Well except for Death..and Cynic...and Emperor....and...oh shit you get the picture!:kickass:

Name? Erik Levitsky

Where your from? New Jersey, USA

Describe why you like Vintersorg. Too many great reasons!

When you got into them? 2004

Favourite Vintersorg lyric? all the lyrics to the song "the explorer"

Make a dream band from members of different bands (BTW only one Mr V related person allowed to make things a bit more interesting ).

Vintersorg, Jimi Hendrix, John Paul Jones, Mitch Mitchell

Best Concert you've been to? Black Label Society

How often do you go to concerts? Not enough

When you got into metal? 10 yrs ago

Other Genres you like? from jazz to folk to almost anything else with good musicianship and melody

Favourite non metal bands? Jimi Hendrix Experience, Bob Dylan, More

Do you Play an instrument? i play 5 different instruments

Are you in a band? I am a solo singer/guitarplayer and recently took the roll of lead vocals for a metal band

How many cds do you own? about 300

Do alot of your friends listen to the same stuff as you? yes and no

What stuff are you currently getting into? poetic, smart, lyrics

Favourite bands? Vintersorg, Jimi Hendrix Experience, MANY MORE!

heb1.jpg

Name? Henrik Kindvall

Where your from? Karlshamn, Sweden

Describe why you like Vintersorg. I don't. I just hang out on this forum to be cool... :heh:

When you got into them? 98 or 99

Favourite Vintersorg lyric? Vildmarkens Förtrollande Stämmor

Make a dream band from members of different bands (BTW only one Mr V related person allowed to make things a bit more interesting ). Uh, to bored to start thinking seriously...

Best Concert you've been to? Arcturus @ KB, Malmö, October 2005 & Vintersorg @ 2000 Decibel, Bengtsfors 2003.

How often do you go to concerts? Not as much as I should - but something like a concert every 3 months.

When you got into metal? About 15-16 years ago.

Other Genres you like? Norse folk music, very few melancholic pop bands and kick-ass bad techno when drunk.

Favourite non metal bands? Garmarna, Gåte, Bob Dylan, Lars Winnerbäck, Galtagaldr, Neil Young, Lisa Ekdahl, Kari Rueslåtten etc.

Do you Play an instrument? Jews-harp yeah!

Are you in a band? Vocalist and jews-harp player in folk/metal band Skald (www.skald.mine.nu), kick-ass screamer in an unnamed black metal band and soon-to-be lead vocalist for a thrash/death metal band called At Dawn.

How many cds do you own? Not sure. Don't have my collection here now. But somewhere between 200-300 I think.

Do alot of your friends listen to the same stuff as you? Nope. Not alot, but there are exceptions.

What stuff are you currently getting into? Eh, stuff...? Alcohol then.

Favourite bands? Vintersorg, Arcturus, Otyg, Borknagar, Cronian, My Dying Bride, Therion, Tiamat, Moonspell, Samael, Månegarm, Falkenbach, 3rd & The Mortal, Ásmegin, Thyrfing, Valkyria, Big Fish, Amon Amarth, In The Woods..., Garmarna, Skyforger, Dia Psalma, the Crown, Fejd, Lisa Ekdahl, Grimm, Behemoth, Storm, At The Gates, Katatonia, Ensoph, Aberrant Vascular + a zillion of other assorted crap.

Pretty badass picture you got there Draugen.

btw Listening to your Skald band demo, pretty good! Enjoying the instruments and harsh vocals quite a bit at the moment, speficially track 4.