Questions to Wave Editor users!

Heabow

More cowbell!
Aug 24, 2011
France
Hey all,

I'm pretty new on this and although I read the manual, searched on the web and even asked to the company (no answer - are they alive?) some questions have no answers...

Well, all my tracks are properly set with tracks locators and indexes. In the window to the right there are the song names and below that, the fields that need to be filled. So I filled them with the band name, track names, ISRC codes, etc. I burnt a CD and read it in Itunes. Nothing was written!

So I took the manual again and I noticed that I missed something. The manual said that I have to open the properties panel (Window > Properties) and fill the correct info. Ok but I tried by selecting the song (the panel to the right of the main window) and wrote the info... but the same info appears each time I want to write the info for each song (if that makes sense)!

My question is: how the fuck can I write the info for each song then burn a CD that contains all the text??

I worked on that for hours now and I don't know how I can do!! :mad:

Also, I wanted to export in MP3 but didn't work because I have to "install the LAME framework software on my computer"?!?!? If somebody can explain...

Thanks in advance!!!

About the MP3 thing, unless I didn't get what you mean : MP3 is not free, it needs a license to be implemented in a software, which costs money for the software editor, and the only free way for the software developers to use MP3 export is to ask the user to install the LAME codec himself which then the software points at. It's the case for Reaper, for example. Just go to the LAME project website, install the .dll or whatever if you're on Mac in some folder (I'm sure Wave Editor explains it somewhere), point to it in the Wave Editor preferences panel for MP3 exports, and you're done.

Merci pour tes explications. Je suis allé voir sur Lame, j'ai téléchargé mais après pour installer, j'ai absolument rien capté du tout au contenu du dossier!! Je n'ai pas vu d'installer, juste plein de fichiers qui me sont inconnus. Pas non plus résolu le soucis des inscriptions propres à chaque morceau. Bref, je suis pas sûr d'avoir fait le bon choix en achetant ce soft...

For CD-TEXT I just do that with Toast when I burn the CD. As for the MP3 exporting... it's pretty self-explanatory, "install the LAME framework," so download LAME and install it... exactly as it said to do.

French ON :

Normalement si je ne me trompe pas tout est dans un même dossier, le plus important étant le .dll (c'est un peu comme un .exe) que normalement tu dois pouvoir localiser dans tes préférences de logiciel. Dans reaper, y'a une partie "export mp3" du genre "locate .dll" tu cliques et tu le choisis, et à partir de ce moment là Reaper peut exporter en mp3. Ca doit être similaire normalement. Le contenu du dossier n'a pas d'importance.

http://www.audiofile-engineering.com/support/helpdesk/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=59

French ON :

Normalement si je ne me trompe pas tout est dans un même dossier, le plus important étant le .dll (c'est un peu comme un .exe) que normalement tu dois pouvoir localiser dans tes préférences de logiciel. Dans reaper, y'a une partie "export mp3" du genre "locate .dll" tu cliques et tu le choisis, et à partir de ce moment là Reaper peut exporter en mp3. Ca doit être similaire normalement. Le contenu du dossier n'a pas d'importance.

http://www.audiofile-engineering.com/support/helpdesk/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=59

Merci :)

For CD-TEXT I just do that with Toast when I burn the CD. As for the MP3 exporting... it's pretty self-explanatory, "install the LAME framework," so download LAME and install it... exactly as it said to do.

Errr, yeah that's pretty what I thought.
Maybe this means something to you? Because I don't understand anything! So if you can tell me what I have to choose to instal this stuff on my Mac, it could be really cool actually.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/36870048/LAME.tiff