Questions!!!

Zamfir

New Metal Member
Jul 22, 2006
Brazil
Hey folks... I looked everywere for some infos about Mikael microphone configuration and general voice equipment for recordind and shows...
anyone know where I can find it??

Sorry for my bad english, I don't use it very much around here :headbang:

Hey folks... I looked everywere for some infos about Mikael microphone configuration and general voice equipment for recordind and shows...

actualyl grteat question....while I wont have a clue....i would like to knwo that info too.......PEAC EOUT

Hi, for pro studio recordings Mike uses a "Neumann U87" in a shockmount with windbreak...

See documentry included in the Lamentations DVD also, checkout the following...

Neumann U87

The Neumann 87 is a very fragile condenser [Capacitor] microphone that uses a built-in Valve Pre-Amp, phantom powered and re-assuringly expensive!

Never ever ever blow into one.

For on the road work touring, Mike uses the industry standard and very robust "Shure Brothers SM58."

Hope this helps?

Welcome to the forum.

wow...thats some expensive equipment.....hahaha.......ive been lookin into some BEhringer knock off models....!!!!....somethign alon gthe same lines too......as for his live Mic...well...thatrs teh same one I use at gigs....!!!......its pretty good.......and I can give Mike a thumbs up on that too.....hahhaa........like he cares....hahaha.........also thanx for thew info......PEAC EOUT

Hi, for pro studio recordings Mike uses a "Neumann U87" in a shockmount with windbreak...

See documentry included in the Lamentations DVD also, checkout the following...

Neumann U87

The Neumann 87 is a very fragile condenser [Capacitor] microphone that uses a built-in Valve Pre-Amp, phantom powered and re-assuringly expensive!

Never ever ever blow into one.

For on the road work touring, Mike uses the industry standard and very robust "Shure Brothers SM58."

Hope this helps?

Welcome to the forum.

sure it helps!!!
thanks!

you also have information about compressor and equalizer(i dont know if this is the right expression.. like high, mid and lows percentage)
also exactly settings for reverb and other stuff

^ Cool. :)

No info on compressors or settings, sorry.

I would think these settings would be down to personal preferences and ears.

Twiddling and fiddling is the usual way.

I don't like waz cuz he talks too loud!!!!!!!!!.....HAHAHAHAHAHAH......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i've a question about the gigs. do they change the mic's volume level when mike changes vocals? cause his voice is like hoarse when he does scream vocal.. i think we can't hear screams very well if the mic's level is the same in each vocal types..

^ All really depends on their sound engineers ears, the venue's acoustics, the hired PA and a few other things I can't recall just now. :(

I can't really give a positive answer to this one, Mike doesn't use a radio mic live, so he never gets to hear his vocal performance from the mixers sound-point, another factor is that the sound settings evolve from sound check, [Empty Venue] to live performance [Full Venue] 'Hopefully' at Opeth shows. :)