Quick LeGion / X30 Tone Test

rlcramer

Tone is not in MY fingers
Apr 16, 2008
Hey guys - if anyone's willing to take a listen, I'd appreciate any and all critiques. I'm mostly looking for help with the guitar and bass tones, but any opinions would be appreciated.

Amp Sim Test

Edit - Mix #2 - Amp Sim Test - Mix 2

Details to come if anyone is interested.

Thanks,

Bobby

I don't agree, way too fizzy and scooped, lacks bass (in the guitar's tone) and snare is way too loud.

Try to reference an album while crafting your tone if you're not that used to it.

Yeah, much better! :D

You should try lowering the lows in the guitar tone a tad and/or using a bit of fast multiband compression at about 250 to 400hz if I'm not mistaken, sounds a little bit muddy, but not bad at all.

Wow - my first tone that anyone cares about! I'm excited!

I'll try to post screens later, but the basics are as follows:

Quad tracked for thickness, although I'm not really a tight player as you can tell (this was tracked in about 10 minutes because I'm lazy and I was basically just trying to work on my tone this time around)
The 2 outside tracks (panned all the way right and all the way left) are Legion, green channel, most controls around noon, except gain which is about 1-2pm.
The 2 inside tracks (panned at about 8 o'clock and 4 o'clock) are X30, again, with most controls at noon, except gain which is about 2pm if I remember correctly.
Then I loaded up LeCab on each track, dual impulses (my favorites) - Guitarhack's Edge-Sneap, and Ryan's spreshigh. I think I had blend mode off, and a bit of high pass at 100hz.
Since I am a Mac guy, I had to create stems in Reaper in Windows with the amp sims, then I went back to logic for a little sweetening
In Logic I added Andy's C4 preset, and a touch of EQ to bump up the mids since my first attempt was too brittle and scooped.

Again - I'll try to post screens later if anyone is interested, but those are the basics.

Keep the feedback coming please - I finally feel like I might be on to something.

Bobby

Wow - my first tone that anyone cares about! I'm excited!

I'll try to post screens later, but the basics are as follows:

Quad tracked for thickness, although I'm not really a tight player as you can tell (this was tracked in about 10 minutes because I'm lazy and I was basically just trying to work on my tone this time around)
The 2 outside tracks (panned all the way right and all the way left) are Legion, green channel, most controls around noon, except gain which is about 1-2pm.
The 2 inside tracks (panned at about 8 o'clock and 4 o'clock) are X30, again, with most controls at noon, except gain which is about 2pm if I remember correctly.
Then I loaded up LeCab on each track, dual impulses (my favorites) - Guitarhack's Edge-Sneap, and Ryan's spreshigh. I think I had blend mode off, and a bit of high pass at 100hz.
Since I am a Mac guy, I had to create stems in Reaper in Windows with the amp sims, then I went back to logic for a little sweetening
In Logic I added Andy's C4 preset, and a touch of EQ to bump up the mids since my first attempt was too brittle and scooped.

Again - I'll try to post screens later if anyone is interested, but those are the basics.

Keep the feedback coming please - I finally feel like I might be on to something.

Bobby

The screens could be useful, but I have found that most other peoples settings only sound good when they use them :D