Quick off topic question

This never ceases to amaze me about discussion forums. Here they are called 'Discussion' Forums, and all people do is bitch and moan about questions or topics that might appear more than once. The entire idea of a forum is to discuss ideas and hypotheticals pertaining to the band or music itself because that is what makes them worth visiting. If you guys keep hammering people for posting topics that you might have seen once or twice in your tenure here on this forum, then pretty soon there will be nothing left to talk about (except maybe personnal gossip like MJR's weight) . I always thought that it was a great idea that if I saw a topic that I thought was a repeat or a dumb topic, I just wouldn't waste my time clicking on it or posting, seems pretty simple to me.

Statler Waldorf said:
This never ceases to amaze me about discussion forums. Here they are called 'Discussion' Forums, and all people do is bitch and moan about questions or topics that might appear more than once. The entire idea of a forum is to discuss ideas and hypotheticals pertaining to the band or music itself because that is what makes them worth visiting. If you guys keep hammering people for posting topics that you might have seen once or twice in your tenure here on this forum, then pretty soon there will be nothing left to talk about (except maybe personnal gossip like MJR's weight) . I always thought that it was a great idea that if I saw a topic that I thought was a repeat or a dumb topic, I just wouldn't waste my time clicking on it or posting, seems pretty simple to me.

No, this is not the problem. The problem is everyone here is sick of VS threads. I will quote from the forum rules...

**By a majority vote, the forum users decided that Vs. threads/polls (ie: <so and so> vs. <so and so>) are not something they want to have here, so any such threads will be deleted. Also, the "SymX against Dream Theater" theme and related topics (Petrucci vs. Romeo, etc.) have been debated to death here, and any rivalry between the two bands exists only in the minds of the fans, so do us all a favor & don't initiate those types of threads either; your fellow forum members will love you for it.

Also, what's wrong with making an observation and congratulating a guy for getting in shape? I see nothing wrong with that.

DoomsdayZach said:
No, this is not the problem. The problem is everyone here is sick of VS threads. I will quote from the forum rules...

Also, what's wrong with making an observation and congratulating a guy for getting in shape? I see nothing wrong with that.

Thanks for proving my point dude. Pretty soon we will see, "By a majority vote, all topic pertaining to progressive metal, guitars, music in general, sympony x, and or any member of symphony x" will be deleted because they have been discussed to much on this forum. Yes, VS threads are used a lot on forums, and yes the Dream Theater vs. Symphony X questoin is often asked, but at least they pertain to music and the progressive metal scene, unlike many of the other posts I have seen on here. Like I said, if you don't like the thread, why don't we just make it a forum policy not to click on the post and it will soon go away? I cannot speak for MJR, but I do know that I would not appreciate a bunch of people I didn't know discussing private matters within my life on a forum.