Quick Survey: How long have you been listening to metal?

Hey Scott ... you going to the Suffocation show at The Downtown in early January?

2nd October 1999

Iron Maiden - The Number Of The Beast

Had listened to bits of Maiden and Slayer before, but that was the definitive date and there was no turning back.

2002. I had heard quite a lot of Metallica and other metal bands before that, but I didn't like it much at all. Extreme metal, however, appealed to me. The records that got me into extreme metal were Dimmu Borgir - Enthrone Darkness Triumphant, Borknagar's "The Archaic Course", "Quintessence" and "Empiricism", Satyricon - Dark Medieval Times, Aeternus - .... And So The Night Became and Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas.

1996: Metallica - Load (twelve years old btw)

Then I went astray and listened to hiphop for a few years (1999 to mid 2001 I think) and into metal again via Slayer - God Hates us All. Pretty uncommon albums to be lead into metal by I guess :)

Heh, I remember I used to dig "Until It Sleeps" and "Hero Of The Day" back in 1996. Punkrock was my main thing back then, nowadays I like metal just as much as I like punk.

Henrik Main said:
Heh, I remember I used to dig "Until It Sleeps" and "Hero Of The Day" back in 1996. Punkrock was my main thing back then, nowadays I like metal just as much as I like punk.

Well I still do, played that records perhaps a week ago, it's just as good as when I first heard it :p Yes I was really into Offspring in those days as well, and Rage Against the Machine

Hm 1990- or 1991. It was Ac Dc's The Razor's Edge. a few years later I heard metallica's and Justice, and then I got into all the old thrash bands.

I have had some lapses along the way, but none since 2000.

Somewhere in the late 80's. I was listening to a lot of hair bands at that age (LOL) then I discovered Metallicas's Master of Puppets and And Justice.. and probably some Megadeth or Maiden I believe and I was hooked.

I just rememebered the first metal album I bought was Twisted Sister - Come Out and Play in 1987 (I think), but the Black Album a few years later is what really converted me.

1997 (?) Megadeth - Cryptic Writings , dug the Megadeth catalogue then

Motley Crue's "Shout at the Devil". This is without question, the CD that started it all for me, in respect to my love of music. Around this same time I remember listening to AC/DC's "Back in Black", Iron Maiden's "Number of the Beast", The Hooter's "Nervous Night", Duran Duran's "Seven and the Ragged Tiger", Def Leppard's "Pyromania" and Quiet Riot's "Mental Health".

Zod

Pantera was one of the bands that made me totally fall in love with metal, sometime in 1992. They deserve a second mention in this thread.

They will probably be brought up in the next 300 posts I make. Generally metal is relatively safe from this bullshit type of violence it seems. Gah, I'm so fucking pissed and bummed about this shit. God fucking dammit man, ultimate ballz.