Quiet Riot's Kevin DuBrow dead at 52

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
Blabbermouth

Mental Health had to be one of the first cassettes I ever bought. I can still recall when all the talk in school, was Quiet Riot's "Cum on Feel the Noise" going head-to-head with Def Leppard's "Photograph" on MTV's Friday Night Video Fights. Ahhh... to be in 6th Grade again.

RIP.

Zod

Yeah I remember getting MH when it first came out and I didn't stop playing it for that whole year and sometime afterward. Here is some more info

QUIET RIOT drummer Frankie Banali has confirmed the passing of the group's singer, Kevin DuBrow, at the age of 52. In an e-mail to Spain's The Metal Circus, which had requested a comment from Banali on the rumors of DuBrow's death, the drummer wrote, "Please respect my privacy as I mourn the passing and honor the memory of my dearest friend Kevin DuBrow."

Michael Politz of The Vegas Eye reported earlier today that DuBrow was found dead in his Las Vegas home on Sunday, November 25. According to Politz, DubRow — whom Politz calls "one of my closest friends" — recently celebrated his 52nd birthday in New Orleans "where he ate great food and even caught THE CULT at The House of Blues."

Although the band has yet to issue an official statement on the matter, bassist Kelly Garni, who was one of the founding members of QUIET RIOT, has posted the following message on the Randy Rhoads (late QUIET RIOT/OZZY OSBOURNE guitarist) web site RandyRhoads.tk:

"I ask this to all of you not only for myself but for other friends and family. I ask that no one here offer any speculation or opinions, theories or other things that could be construed as negative or, and I'm sorry for this, even sympathetic, right at this immediate time. I am already within hours of this having to deal with untrue rumors and speculation and that only adds fuel to that. There is a tendency for the subject of Kevin to incite flames on every board and now is not the time for that. I will explain to everyone here the facts and the truth in the next 24 to 48 hours as I realize this will effect us all. So please, until then, be patient. All details and other pertinate info will be passed on to you here when it becomes available to me. Thank you."

Such a shame. Kevin always a HUGE mouth and was always opinionated on the LA scene.

A real tragedy. I remember "Cum on Feel the Noize" when it was on MTV, and I became hooked on metal from that day forward. One can only imagine how great Quiet Riot could have been if Kevin did not put his foot in his mouth and annoy his bandmates on a daily basis. It is a sad day indeed. :(

Requiesence en Pace, Kevin Dubrow.

Damn. 52 is too young. I remember having the first few QR albums on vinyl...played them until they skipped. RIP Kevin.

I still have "Cum On Feel The Noize" on a 45 RPM single... and its in rather good shape for 24 years old!

Dang.. I can still see that video in my head as if it were yesterday... what was I.. 14 or 15 at the time? Geeze how time flies!!

That's when MTV actually showed GOOD videos! Then they showed... videos... then ... no videos.... :puke:

RIP Kevin!

R.I.P Kevin.. Quiet Riot could put on a show in the 80's and still could..thats too young so sad.

Never a great singer, DuBrow was nonetheless instrumental in metal taking off in the 80's. I agree with Lady Space that 52 sounds very young to me (but when I was 16, it sounded ancient). Definitely sad.

Steve in Philly