Quiet Riot's Kevin DuBrow dead at 52

I still have "Cum On Feel The Noize" on a 45 RPM single... and its in rather good shape for 24 years old!

Dang.. I can still see that video in my head as if it were yesterday... what was I.. 14 or 15 at the time? Geeze how time flies!!

That's when MTV actually showed GOOD videos! Then they showed... videos... then ... no videos.... :puke:

RIP Kevin!
I remember the Metal Health 45RPM single had an awesome live version of the same song-- I'd actually like to find that again....

I remember the Metal Health 45RPM single had an awesome live version of the same song-- I'd actually like to find that again....

Here's my Cum On Feel The Noize 45. I gave it a spin on the turntable tonight in honor of Kevin...

qr_coftn_45.jpg

They don't make these like they used to.... :cry:

Rest In Peace, Kevin!

Here's my Cum On Feel The Noize 45. I gave it a spin on the turntable tonight in honor of Kevin...

qr_coftn_45.jpg

They don't make these like they used to.... :cry:

Rest In Peace, Kevin!

And to think, I used to have that on 45 myself. God only knows what happened to it since then.

Unfortunately, I don't have anything by Quiet Riot in my collection anymore. Kinda wish I still had all that back. I do remember when that album came out. I was in high school at the time.

RIP Kevin.

Very sad. Quiet Riot was my first concert at age 13-front row at The Castle in Charlevoix, MI in 1984. I was lucky enough to save that stub and meet Kevin 11 years later to have him sign it.

Wow, that terrible news. I saw QR play 4 years ago in a small club called the Crossroads in Augusta, GA. They put on a really good show. RIP Kevin DuBrow!

Blabbermouth

Mental Health had to be one of the first cassettes I ever bought. I can still recall when all the talk in school, was Quiet Riot's "Cum on Feel the Noise" going head-to-head with Def Leppard's "Photograph" on MTV's Friday Night Video Fights. Ahhh... to be in 6th Grade again.

RIP.

Zod

It is truly sad for the metal community. "Metal Health" was a truly spectacular release. Mr. Dubrow will always live in fame for that release if nothing else. My prayers go out to his family and friends.

Bryant

This news really bummed me out.

"Metal Health" is still one of my all-time favorite songs. I remember living in Tennessee at the time the album was released and catching parts of the title track on the radio driving from Nashville to Chattanooga late nights. I always manged to tune in half-way through and never caught the song's name. Drove me nuts. I remember I hadn't been that excited about a sound in a long time, so I asked enough people in music stores until someone knew what I was talking about. (Like, "Do you know a song that goes, 'Bang your head...something, something, something...drive you mad'?" I got a lot of blank stares, I can assure you.)

I still play "Metal Health" fully cranked to 11. That guitar riff is killer. The tone is amazing. The vocals are so over the top that they're cool.

I saw Quiet Riot in Holland, Michigan, back in 2000 or 2001. Somewhere in there. Maybe '02. I can't remember. All I do remember is that it was a shit-hole little bar with pool tables on one side and cafeteria-style booths on the other. The "stage" was about six inches off the ground and barely wide enough to keep everyone from falling off.

The band started very late -- somewhere past midnight -- but they were worth the wait and the dubious condition of the strange venue.

Kevin Dubrow was a wild man. His microphone-stand-in-the-teeth bit was priceless. They were louder than loud. The crowd went nuts when they burst into "Metal Health."

I have a lot of memories of Quiet Riot. I've liked their music from Day One and I count myself fortunate to have seen them a few years ago.

R.I.P., Kevin DuBrow.

sad news indeed. I am friends with a couple of his ex girlfriends and quite shocking news. He was a wonderful, gentle and kind soul and he will truly be missed. RIP Kevin

I tried playing the old cassette and it wouldn't play. I still won't part with it.

I just hope it wasn't an OD or something stupid that will forever over-shadow the music. Rest in peace Kevin, and thanks for all the great memories.

I remember seeing QR when they opened for Maiden on the Piece Of Mind tour. Wasn't long into their set when the left side of their amps went out. It really was pretty quiet.... Good show though.

RIP Kevin.

Blabbermouth

Mental Health had to be one of the first cassettes I ever bought. I can still recall when all the talk in school, was Quiet Riot's "Cum on Feel the Noise" going head-to-head with Def Leppard's "Photograph" on MTV's Friday Night Video Fights. Ahhh... to be in 6th Grade again.

RIP.

Zod
I was in 4th grade at that time. I was lucky enough to see QR with Kevin twice-both great shows. Kevin will be greatly missed!:cry::headbang:

I saw QR three times since 2000. One at the Cotton Club here in Atl., once w/ Poison at Lakwood Ampitheatre, and once at the Riviera in Atl., at that show I had the joy of getting to chat with Kevin and he was down to Earth and totally cool. They put on a badass show regardless of audience size. I never understood why so many metal fans didn't take the opportunity to go see them, especially so many claimed to love them. Kevin was badass all the way till his death, and i will sense a musical loss as QR always made great music. Check out "Guilty Pleasures", it's one of htier best discs.:kickass: