Quo Vadis Tour 2009 !

Aghahowa

Death n' drums
Dec 18, 2006
France
campio-sumo.site.voila.fr
Quo Vadis will tour in Europe (France, Switzerland, Italy) in April 2009.

See the 1st date confirmed :

CHAULNES METAL FEST : April 12nd 2009 (FRANCE)

Saturday April 11st :
SCAR SYMMETRY, TEXTURES, ADAGIO, ONE-WAY-MIRROR, CLAMPDOWN, BLOODTROOPERS, OVERLOAD, SPHERICAL VOID, HYPERDUMP

Sunday April 12nd :
SADIST, QUO VADIS, THE MONOLITH DEATH CULT, DESTINITY, ASHURA, ORAKLE, 7thNEMESIS, HECTIC PATTERNS, COMO MUERTOS

cmf-jpeg.jpg

Excuse me, I don't have a large picture for the moment.

the teaser :

http://www.dailymotion.com/vswebzine/video/13042138

On sunday, there are 6 excellent french bands :

- Como Muertos : death / grind revelation 2008
- Hectic Patterns : death technical / jazz band from Paris
- 7th Nemesis : older, pretty good progressive death, with oriental influences
- Orakle : excellent, sophisticated black metal band : the perfect mix between Emperor and Arcturus
- Ashura : young band but great attitude on stage. Death a little bit more brutal than others, and good guitar players.
- Destinity : great singer, melodic death (like swedish death, but the old stuff, not swedish new shit)

The Monolith Deathcult : the most brutal band of the week end. I never seen them live but I like their different music (some industrial elements into their brutal death)

Quo Vadis : Who is this band ? :)

Sadist : haha, their will be a technical competition with you ^^ I think they are headlining because the band is older than yours. On stage, they've got a very high level of dexterity. And I love the singer's voice.

Ofcourse, it makes sense they've been arround for probably 10 years longer then we have, it's absolutely appropriate that they play last, they're a great band!
By the way, Trevor is a big Scar Symmetry fan so he was stoked when he found out they're playing the Saturday. Unfortunately we have another show booked on the 11th so we'll miss the first night. I hope they stick arround for the sunday though!
Can't wait to be back in Europe YEAH!!!

Looks like an interesting mix of bands,
Better than having 10 bands that sound the same.
Does Symbyosis ever play live, those guys are so low-profile... hope they're going to release some new stuff soon

yeah, Franck Kobolt is a guitar god! Actually I think they'd make a great choice for a QV support band since they're equally progressive / melodic and heavy... too bad they don't seem to be super active lately, a new album is in the works according to their myspace though... their double album from a while back was amazing

Hey, It's a four day drive out west, so without a tour it's hard to book just a few dates, we're looking at something in May/June that may help us swing by BC. Just be patient, good things are coming ;)

Because of their activity on (Manini) Quo Vadis myspace. Lots of messages, for example (and messages which are not automatic robot) :

"Fucking worship this band!!!!"

"We love you guys!!!!!"

"Quo Vadis are fucking GODS!!!!! Such an amazing band!"

"Quo Vadis... What a fucking amazing band."

Quo Vadis myspace is in their top myspace friends.
In fact, it's Matt Sotelo the guitarist who is fan :

http://www.myspace.com/decrepitmatt
http://www.lastfm.fr/user/decrepitmatt

in an interview :
"DECREPIT BIRTH is a death metal band with its roots in brutal death metal, but we are really incorporating a more melodic and mature sound into the band, so don't expect to join the band and only play brutal. Our influences range from bands such as SUFFOCATION, MORBID ANGEL and NILE to DEATH, CYNIC and QUO VADIS. So if this seems like something that you or someone you know would be interested in, please learn the tabs posted on our website www.decrepitbirth.com under the 'Downloads' section (songs from our first album) and make some sort of video of you playing the songs if you want to be considered for the position. You MUST submit a video for consideration, unless we are already familiar with your skills. Please contact us at decrepitbirth@msn.com or www.myspace.com/decrepitbirth."

40 minutes? hey, when I saw QV on their last European Tour, they played 30 minutes! But they were such cool guys after the gig that we completely forgot about the length of the set...
We're SOOO glad you're coming again guys! Can't wait! :kickass:

Hey, It's a four day drive out west, so without a tour it's hard to book just a few dates, we're looking at something in May/June that may help us swing by BC. Just be patient, good things are coming ;)

That is encouraging to hear. If a Vancouver show was to happen in the next year or two my life would be complete!

1 date in Croatia :kickass:

EDIT : Hellfest myspace friend... (thinking...)

-------------------
Now it's a really good period for canadian bands in france.
In 2 months (since december), I saw Unexpect, Kataklysm, Cryptopsy, Beneath The Massacre, and in the next 2 weeks, I will see Mononc' Serge + Anonymus :)