Quotables from the new issue of LotFP

Nov 20, 2006
I've just about completed reading the new issue of LotFP, and underlined the phrases which popped out at me on my first read. Here's what I found interesting/amusing in the new issue:

Pg 1: "How many of these bands approach their work as if there is no future? As if this is it? ... This is the territory we will be looking at this time around. The hopeful, the hopeless. The hidden, the hiding, the ignored, the abandoned. Hoping to find those that really don't care about anything else. Hoping to find the ones that realize that the magic they make right now can be as potent as any ever made. Hoping to find the ones that don't care about the future, aren't preparing to be noticed, and still keep their heads held high. People that will continue to invest in gear, spend countless hours writing and rehearsing, and playing gigs that don't even cover their gas expenses because this is what they do."

Pg 3: "Such actions should case many so-called reviewers and critics to be too hishonored to call themselves journalists, but they will continute to use the term because they are too shallow to feel even a faint twinge of disgrace."

Pg 4: "Dream Theater has much to answer for."

Pg 6: "The band delivers where it counts, though ... unintentional comedy with a side-dish of clueless hypocrisy."

"... if they had placed suitable words with their music, I'd be all Hammers of Misfortune about this band."

Pg 7: "I would recommend buying Whispes of Doom without any reservations, but you cannot purchase the album."

Pg 8: "The singer is actually pretty talented and sounds great when he's staying to more human ranges, bue he has the tendency to play heavy meatal hero and scream. He sucks when he does this."

Pg 12: "Young people with nothing else to tell the world than electric guitar be my guide (which, of course rhymes with might and fight) are pretty pathetic."

"'Children of the Gods' ... turns the clock back before Christ spit the calendar"

Pg 14: "Just play it safe and throw on the word generator for some more metal vocabulary in its limited combinations."

Pg 15: "He's got this Warhammer 40K thing going on (maybe if he didn't pay GW's ridiculous prices for minis he could afford some beer and bribe prospective band members)"

"A message to Mr Brewer: Dude. Never, ever ever attempt a heavy metal wail. And I mean never. Your scared the shit out of my cat."

Pg 18: "Are Wizar'd the most original band in the universe? No."

This is just a small sample of what I enjoyed in the new issue.