R.I.P. Clive Burr

RIP Clive Burr (1957-2013). :cry:

Number of the Beast still remains a favorite to this day, and I don't think that album would have been the same with Nicko on drums. Fun fact: After Maiden, Clive also drummed in some of my favorite NWOBHM bands, such as Elixir, Praying Mantis and the beloved French classic metal band Trust. :headbang:

Clive was a big part of the raw energy of the first 3 Maiden albums. Even though I was born well after he left the band, I have fond memories of listening to Murders in the Rue Morgue and Killers (my two favorites of the Di'Anno era) as an 11 year old and thinking "Where has this been all my life?" That album, along with Beast, were a big part of me getting into Metal. He really didn't deserve to go like this. RIP

I remember the first Iron Maiden album I bought was ironically the initial debut by Iron Maiden and I bought it on cassette around '94..probably during period of time whenever heavy metal was unpopular and grunge and nu stuff was the norm. I remember staring at the album cover trying to associate each song, escpecially "Strange World" to the image. Best purchase I ever made! Will miss you Clive!!

Iron Maiden would never be the same without Clive. Nicko definitely had some huge shoes to fill. RIP Clive :(