R.I.P. Coal Chamber, Long Live Devildriver!!!

haha No shit, there guitarist sounds like a 12 year old that got lessons like 2 weeks before. They are about as creative as a mongoloid. Actually I have heard from many people that there guitarist can barley hold it together live(backing my point up). All they are is a beefed up Coal Chamber. One of the worst bands ever.

I agree. They aren't terrible because they're mainstream, they're terrible because they can't play worth shit. I also saw them at the Opeth concert and I think, I THINK I saw the guitar player play six of seven power chords for the duration of the set. We're talking one finger chords here people. The only credit I give them is this-they are pretty tight rhythm wise. That's it. uncreative pre-school metal with a couple tight beats and a singer that sounds like he's choking on a cock. I could throw this together in my sleep.

And just for a little clarification, I don't hate all mainstream acts by a longshot. Hell, I'll openly admit I like a few mudvayne songs, sytem of a down, and other said nu-metal. I don't listen to it much, but I wouldn't change the station if it came on the radio. Hell, I even liked korn for a long time. But this, this is just terrible.

anonymousnick2001 said:
I do have a word of caveat for you. Be prepared from a lot of flame from self-professed know-it-alls and overzealous Opeth fans displeased about Opeth's recent touring partners.

You do realize that by saying this, youre placing your opinion over those who dislike the band, and are therefor a hypocrit, right? Or is that concept a little hard?

As for DD, i thought their show was weak, and the music is repeatative and bland. In their defense, they were way heavier than i thought theyd be. Totaly dislike them though

The Greys said:
Is this thread joke, it is funny.

Musicianship: 10
Atmosphere: 10
Production: 9
Originality: 9
Overall: 9.5

HAHA
HA! That IS some funny shit. I saw them with open for Opeth, the guitarist solos were completely aweful! Devildriver sound like someone is driving a nail through my head! I can't wait to see what genre he will TRY to play next? I guess whatever would be popular at the moment.

You do realize that by saying this, youre placing your opinion over those who dislike the band, and are therefor a hypocrit, right? Or is that concept a little hard?
I wasn't really.

I've met few people that disliked the band for true artistic reasons, and not the preceding reputation or the fact that they were touring with Opeth.

Here we go...I've heard the album, seen them live. They are second rate metal at the very best. While listening to the album and watching Dez live, I kept waiting for him to start yelling "Bounce wit me, Bounce wit me." Really lame. Plus at the show Dez was a total asshole to some of the people in the crowd. Shame on Mr. Rock Star