R.I.P. Lemmy from Motorhead

Shadow298

UNLEASH THE GUAN
Sep 4, 2002
Without the Darkness
Visit site
News is getting around a true legend & originator of heavy metal has died at aged 70.

http://heavymag.com.au/motorheads-lemmy-kilmister-dead-at-70/

Ian "Lemmy" Kilmister's cause was an extremely aggressive form of cancer, which supposedly developed so suddenly the doctors could do nothing to stop it. This came after Lemmy had long bouts of illness that forced him to cancel many shows over the past year.

In honour of a true Rock God, here's the song that got so many of us started on heavy metal.

Last edited:
Shitty news. I thought he might die from alcohol abuse, so it's a surprise that he suddenly went at 70.

Shitty news. I thought he might die from alcohol abuse, so it's a surprise that he suddenly went at 70.

RIP Lemmy. While I've only heard a small number of Motorhead songs and hence have never gotten into them like I have Maiden, Metallica and Priest, Lemmy was a legend and a great influence for many bands to come.

While some have been really lucky with early detection, like Bruce Dickinson, sadly for those like Lemmy and Dio, it sometimes hits people like a bolt out of the blue :(

dio-and-lemmy-cheers-o.gif